Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2016, 09:41 PM   #281
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtrooper View Post
Rottenkid......yes I went a little overboard. Started off with a 160 watt panel, then decided to go with the second panel. Some of the places we dry camp are heavily treed and as a result we get small windows of good sunlight. I felt with the second panel I could make up for the remainder of the day where the sun was partial or none existent. As it turns out, in pouring rain, I can pull about 5 amps off the two panels. So under the worst conditions I can get 5amps and that should give me enough charge during the day to get me through till the next day. Still looking at putting 6 volt golf cart batteries in. I'll see how things work out this summer.
If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. Started out with one panel (160 watts), installed a second panel about a month later (320 watts total) then about a year later, I had a third panel installed (480 watts total). With only two 6-volts batteries, it is overkill, but it allows me to watch satellite tv throughout the day without draining the batteries.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #282
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Rossi6998

That is exactly where I wanted it mounted. The reason I was given was past experience with converter interference. From the looks of your mounting spot, if there was any chance of interference, that would be the best scenario, lol. I think once I've scouted out where they ran the wires etc, I will move the control panel. It looks like they went down the vent pipe to the chassis then along the chassis to the battery. I'll have to check, I'm just summarizing now.
I had planned on doing it myself, but had heart surgery, so opted for dealer install. Im on week 6 of post op and can't wait to crawl under to see what they did with the wires, but DW is on me like a hawk. I plan on setting the up "battery 2" on the chassis battery. It's a good opportunity to use any excess amps coming down the line.
Knock on wood, no interference issue with my setup.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:41 AM   #283
Winnebago Camper

Spending a nice extended weekend camping and biking. My wife has been reorganizing the galley one more time and is now online looking for RV organizing ideas.

Guys, put your wives on the line and tell us how what you have done to maximize the sparse storage space in the galley. While we're at it, what about the closets and bathroom?
Old 06-17-2016, 07:22 PM   #284
Site Team

We have found it has plenty of room for long weekends. In fact, we are on a 10 day excursion right now! :-)
We use the cabinets over the dinette for storing pans and bowls. Over the sink, we put coffee mugs, glasses, plates, bowls, cutting boards, etc. we have a wickets basket that has sections for utensils that we keep out in back of the stove. We also use the outside storage by the door for storing drinks and water. Hope this helps!
Al and Deb
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 02:48 PM   #285
Winnebago Owner

We do a lot that Mcnut does. we used the storage under the dinette seats for our extra drinks and food supply. I partitioned the storage under each seat to help stop stuff moving around or getting mixed. I also put hinges on the dinette seats to make it easier getting in and out. Over the dinette takes a little figuring out, but we now have a spot for the pots and pans. We also cut down on the number of post etc. to what we would need vs like to have. We went on a 4 week trip last year, from BC to Saskatchewan and for the two of us things worked out really well. I built a little shelf in the back storage for a fire bowl and BBQ. It takes literally seconds to remove the BBQ. We added a propane quick connect, so really with in 5 minutes we are ready to BBQ supper.
Old 06-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #286
Winnebago Owner

Hi guys. I recently had solar panels installed. One of the benefits is I can see any parasitic current drawn on the electrical system (with a fully charged battery bank.) Normally with the coach switch on, the draw is about .4 amp. Yesterday day I plugged the generator in, just as a habit. This morning I noticed the battery bank had dropped and the solar panels were bringing it up to full charge again. So now with full charge, generator plugged in, there is a parasitic draw of about 1.6 amps. So I unplugged the generator and the draw drops to .4 amp. Its interesting cause when your dry camping this extra 1 amp would draw down on your batteries over a few days. Just curious if anyone has done a test for parasitic power draw on the coach batteries.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:34 AM   #287
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Hi guys. I recently had solar panels installed. One of the benefits is I can see any parasitic current drawn on the electrical system (with a fully charged battery bank.) Normally with the coach switch on, the draw is about .4 amp. Yesterday day I plugged the generator in, just as a habit. This morning I noticed the battery bank had dropped and the solar panels were bringing it up to full charge again. So now with full charge, generator plugged in, there is a parasitic draw of about 1.6 amps. So I unplugged the generator and the draw drops to .4 amp. Its interesting cause when your dry camping this extra 1 amp would draw down on your batteries over a few days. Just curious if anyone has done a test for parasitic power draw on the coach batteries.
That observation is VERY interesting, something to be aware of
Old 06-24-2016, 07:06 PM   #288
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
Had our Vista 26 HE out for a two day run. We do notice a lot of wind noise from the driver and passenger windows. Just wondered if anyone else has this problem and how to cure it. We are a few hours from a Winnebago dealer, so it is not too convenient to go there for warranty work.
Just joined the site, and feel great that I can help someone....unless you alright got it fixed....our 2016 26HE had awful, loud wind noise on the drivers side....turns out a little black snap in weephole cover was missing. This is a part that could be lost if one were rough with a rag while washing the wndows frame area. we ordered a few extras....not even two dollars each!

Wow, I hope I helped you!
Mike
[email protected]
Getgoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:32 PM   #289
Winnebago Camper

Hi All,
Great info and mods here, my favorite mod so far are BIG drawers under the dinette. The drawers are 30" long X 10" deep X 11" wide with 28" 100 lb capacity slides. Lots of storage! I like the console box the one poster put up here...yes the stock cupholders are all but useless and the storage area is great as there is no glove box....great stuff here!

Now I have a question on our 2016 26HE, where is the slide controller? I like to know as much as possible about our rig in order to not get stuck out camping with a problem. I have tried every source I could think of to locate the slide controller as well as pulled out drawers, looked in the compartments for an access panel to no avail. We emailed Winnebago and have not gotten an answer yet. Any ideas? Its a schwintek slide set up.
Thanks in advance,
Mike
[email protected]
Old 06-24-2016, 10:43 PM   #290
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getgoin View Post
Just joined the site, and feel great that I can help someone....unless you alright got it fixed....our 2016 26HE had awful, loud wind noise on the drivers side....turns out a little black snap in weephole cover was missing. This is a part that could be lost if one were rough with a rag while washing the wndows frame area. we ordered a few extras....not even two dollars each!

Wow, I hope I helped you!
Mike
[email protected]
Interesting... Can you provide a few pictures and part number for the black snap?
Old 06-24-2016, 11:19 PM   #291
Site Team

The slide controllers are hidden really well. They are accessible through the rear outside compartment directly underneath the slide. Look inside and up.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:10 AM   #292
Winnebago Owner

Slide controller

Hidden is an understatement. Why they put the controller where they did is beyond me. On mine the controller was hidden behind a false wall at the end of the storage compartment on the drivers side....just ahead of the rear wheel. It's impossible to see until you remove the wall.
Oldtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:27 AM   #293
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I did the same thing. Started out with one panel (160 watts), installed a second panel about a month later (320 watts total) then about a year later, I had a third panel installed (480 watts total). With only two 6-volts batteries, it is overkill, but it allows me to watch satellite tv throughout the day without draining the batteries.
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one going down this path, lol. When you were looking at a 6v replace what sort of amps did you end up with.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:31 AM   #294
Winnebago Owner

Heading out this Sunday for a 3 day dry camp. Heading to Rolley Lake, BC.....going to give the solar panels a workout. Oh, can't forget to mention my co-pilot is my 9 year old grandson.....come think about it, he's been my co-pilot for a few years now....lol
Old 06-25-2016, 09:51 AM   #295
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one going down this path, lol. When you were looking at a 6v replace what sort of amps did you end up with.
I went with the Trojan T-105 Plus. They are rated at 225 amps (20-Hr). I attached a link to the spec sheet for you to review.

http://www.trojanbattery.com/pdf/dat...ata_Sheets.pdf
Old 06-25-2016, 11:13 AM   #296
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
Interesting... Can you provide a few pictures and part number for the black snap?
Being I just joined I have not mastered posting photos as of yet. However turns out this thread has addressed the snap in weephole covers causing the noise and have posted pics of them. Some say it cured the wind noise some not. Ours cured the problem.

Mike
[email protected]
Old 06-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #297
Winnebago Owner

I put electrical tape over the holes. I have yet to get the proper plugs for the holes. I will have to check in the USA sometime. I asked at a Winnebago dealer here in Canada, but like everthing else I ask at dealers, they could not help.

To post picture just takes a little practise. Read this site. Don't be afraid to make a mistake. It is not all that hard.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:04 PM   #298
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getgoin View Post
Being I just joined I have not mastered posting photos as of yet. However turns out this thread has addressed the snap in weephole covers causing the noise and have posted pics of them. Some say it cured the wind noise some not. Ours cured the problem.

Mike
[email protected]
Thanks... Was not sure it was the same thread. Did not want to go through all 22 pages looking for the pictures. By the way, the photos are on page 16.
Old 06-25-2016, 11:22 PM   #299
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
I put electrical tape over the holes. I have yet to get the proper plugs for the holes. I will have to check in the USA sometime. I asked at a Winnebago dealer here in Canada, but like everthing else I ask at dealers, they could not help.

To post picture just takes a little practise. Read this site. Don't be afraid to make a mistake. It is not all that hard.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f62/forum...ics-49134.html
Thanks onthe photo advice.

Do not keep tape over the weepholes....they are for water to ge out.

Edit...did the tape stop the wind noise? See pic of weephole covers..page 16 of this thread...they do not plug the holes, they deflect the wind
Mike
[email protected]
Old 06-26-2016, 03:28 AM   #300
Winnebago Owner

I take the tape off if there is rain. The tape helps somewhat.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote