Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #261
Winnebago Camper

Decals and Awning

Anyone having problems with the graphic decals on their 26HE? I have a couple on each side and one in the back that are totally ruined by the sun. The coach is a 2014 but is stored outside in the Arizona sun. A wax job only lasts a few months here and the gel coat shine fades away quickly on the sides with the most sun exposure. This all started happening before I even waxed it for the first time so I don't think it's the wax. I used Meguiar's M5014 Marine/RV One Step Cleaner Wax. Most of the graphic decals are still like new.

I also noticed another problem surfacing which is the top of the awning has tiny holes in it right along the edge where it attaches to the side of the RV. I could see tiny specs of light that I thought at first were tiny water droplets but I confirmed they weren't and are actually small cracks in the awning vinyl. The top of the awning when rolled up is just a bit higher than where it attaches to the side so there is a small valley type pocket the length of the coach that will trap water. I could see a line of dirt about an inch wide when I got up there on the ladder.

Any suggestions as to how to address these issues?
Old 06-05-2016, 08:25 PM   #262
Site Team

Vista 26 HE questions

My fiberglass and decals still look brand new, but I live in CA, use wash wax all twice a year, and it's under a carport when not in use. That AZ sun must be a killer!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 09:18 PM   #263
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyp47 View Post
Anyone having problems with the graphic decals on their 26HE? I have a couple on each side and one in the back that are totally ruined by the sun. The coach is a 2014 but is stored outside in the Arizona sun. A wax job only lasts a few months here and the gel coat shine fades away quickly on the sides with the most sun exposure. This all started happening before I even waxed it for the first time so I don't think it's the wax. I used Meguiar's M5014 Marine/RV One Step Cleaner Wax. Most of the graphic decals are still like new.

I also noticed another problem surfacing which is the top of the awning has tiny holes in it right along the edge where it attaches to the side of the RV. I could see tiny specs of light that I thought at first were tiny water droplets but I confirmed they weren't and are actually small cracks in the awning vinyl. The top of the awning when rolled up is just a bit higher than where it attaches to the side so there is a small valley type pocket the length of the coach that will trap water. I could see a line of dirt about an inch wide when I got up there on the ladder.

Any suggestions as to how to address these issues?
My motorhome is stored outside and I have the same issue. If I remember correctly, the gold colored decal is the one that is cracking on my motorhome. The brown and bronze colored decals are fine. I just recently replaced my awning.

I try to wax my motorhome at least twice a year. I just waxed it this weekend with Wash/Wax All.
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:58 AM   #264
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
I will have to see where to buy that screen in Canada. Thanks.

Rottenkid, try Amazon.ca

Dick Grattan
Surrey, BC, Canada

"The POLICE,
Their job is to save you ass,
Not kiss it"
Old 06-06-2016, 11:20 PM   #265
Winnebago Owner

Just added 360 watts of Go Power solar panels. While sitting in the years with the clash switch on, panel supplies .4 amp.....guys that means there is a constant draw in the system. Panel provides 13.8 volts at what would call, a constant voltage. I was to fussy about the monitor panel install..... I'll have to gussy that up some so it respectable. I initially wanted the monitor panel installed by the doorway, stove side. Apparently the converter, if to close to the monitor, causes some electrical interference. I've added some photos of the panel location on the roof, monitor panel inside and a plug in volt monitor showing the current voltage in the system from the panels. System is working exceptionally well......looking forward to the next 3-4 days camping in the Provincial Park.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1465276520.467930.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	129425Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1465276545.838055.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	129426

Dick Grattan
Surrey, BC, Canada

"The POLICE,
Their job is to save you ass,
Not kiss it"
Old 06-07-2016, 02:52 PM   #266
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
I forgot to add that the lights are all led's and have wall switches

How did you anchor that shelf for the bedroom TV? There is nothing in that hollow shower wall for attachment.

Dennis
Old 06-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #267
Winnebago Owner

Found the magnetic screens at Dollarama for $3.

I am still having problems with charging from shore power. My batteries charge off the engine, but not when plugged into shore power. The system worked fine all winter. I cleaned all connection to the battery and made sure my batteries were fully charged and checked the specific gravity of each cell. Everthing checks
Ok, but my converter is not working. Is there a fuse somewhere that I'm missing that stops the converter from changing 110 to 12 volt on my Vista?
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #268
Winnebago Owner

Did you check the 120v breaker for the converter
Old 06-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #269
Site Team

Oldtrooper, congrats on the solar addition. The 26HE roof seems to have plenty of room for it.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:16 AM   #270
Winnebago Owner

That is some solar system for a Vista.
I pulled the drawer out to see the converter. Not much to see. I know it is not working, as the cooling fan never clicks in. I don't see any fuses. All breakers are on. I can only charge the batteries when the engine is running. I figure the converter is shot.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:48 AM   #271
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
I pulled the drawer out to see the converter. Not much to see. I know it is not working, as the cooling fan never clicks in. I don't see any fuses. All breakers are on. I can only charge the batteries when the engine is running. I figure the converter is shot.
Please remind me... The engine has been charging your house batteries since day one or the original circuit had to be modified to do so?
Is the alternator charging the motor and house batteries alternately or all at once (like it is now the case with my unit)?

As for the converter, you may be unfortunately right but you should check if you have 120V getting in before you replace it.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:11 AM   #272
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
Please remind me... The engine has been charging your house batteries since day one or the original circuit had to be modified to do so?
Is the alternator charging the motor and house batteries alternately or all at once (like it is now the case with my unit)?
Just a bit of clarification. The alternator will always charge the motor ( chassis ) battery.

An electronic control ( IRD )senses the chassis charging voltage. If it reachs 13.5, The IRD will signal the solenoid to close and tie the house battery to the chassis battery. Just like pushing the boost switch.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:46 AM   #273
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
You have probably already done this but just in case, make sure the converter is plugged it. When I was messing with the AC wiring while installing my inverter, my converter stopped working. It was unplugged. It is plugged into the back of the breaker/fuse panel. Access it by removing the vent cover to the left of the panel.
Old 06-09-2016, 10:13 AM   #274
Winnebago Camper

Okay, so I want to hear your input. We have Good Sam club, we also have extended warranty on our Vista, my question is, does anyone use the Travel Assist or Road Assistance Good Sam offers?
Bobbys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:18 AM   #275
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyp47 View Post
My friend's had to replace theirs on a 5th wheel twice, the decals. That's one reason I'm going to try and get one that's been painted.
thebignewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #276
Winnebago Owner

I installed a new converter today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	06130986.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	130116   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0259.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	418.2 KB
ID:	130117  

Old 06-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #277
Winnie-Wise

[QUOTE=Oldtrooper;3104030]Just added 360 watts of Go Power solar panels. While sitting in the years with the clash switch on, panel supplies .4 amp.....guys that means there is a constant draw in the system. Panel provides 13.8 volts at what would call, a constant voltage. I was to fussy about the monitor panel install..... I'll have to gussy that up some so it respectable. I initially wanted the monitor panel installed by the doorway, stove side. Apparently the converter, if to close to the monitor, causes some electrical interference. I've added some photos of the panel location on the roof, monitor panel inside and a plug in volt monitor showing the current voltage in the system from the panels. System is working exceptionally well......looking forward to the next 3-4 days camping in the Provincial Park.Attachment 129425Attachment 129426

Interesting... That is the first I have heard about electrical interference. I have the GoPower system and my control panel is located on the kitchen cabinet as you enter the motorhome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1623.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	262.5 KB
ID:	130160  
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #278
Winnebago Owner

Rossi6998

That is exactly where I wanted it mounted. The reason I was given was past experience with converter interference. From the looks of your mounting spot, if there was any chance of interference, that would be the best scenario, lol. I think once I've scouted out where they ran the wires etc, I will move the control panel. It looks like they went down the vent pipe to the chassis then along the chassis to the battery. I'll have to check, I'm just summarizing now.
I had planned on doing it myself, but had heart surgery, so opted for dealer install. Im on week 6 of post op and can't wait to crawl under to see what they did with the wires, but DW is on me like a hawk. I plan on setting the up "battery 2" on the chassis battery. It's a good opportunity to use any excess amps coming down the line.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:12 PM   #279
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Rottenkid......yes I went a little overboard. Started off with a 160 watt panel, then decided to go with the second panel. Some of the places we dry camp are heavily treed and as a result we get small windows of good sunlight. I felt with the second panel I could make up for the remainder of the day where the sun was partial or none existent. As it turns out, in pouring rain, I can pull about 5 amps off the two panels. So under the worst conditions I can get 5amps and that should give me enough charge during the day to get me through till the next day. Still looking at putting 6 volt golf cart batteries in. I'll see how things work out this summer.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:18 PM   #280
Winnebago Owner

Rottenkid.....does this replace the factory one or does it piggy back on it? I assume this is giving you the 4 stage charging system.