Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2016, 06:30 PM   #221
Winnebago Camper

The window and screen above dining table are sure hard to slide open, almost like they made the hole to small? Or is this because its new and will wear in? I think I will also put something to hold the bed up when getting things out of storage how awkward is that?
Bobbys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #222
Site Team

That looks like eterna-bond tape, which I hear is really effective. Using that sounds better than inspecting and re-caulking twice a year. Thanks for the photos!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:16 PM   #223
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys Girl View Post
We have a 2015 26 HE heard terrible wind noise and found we were missing a vent cover on both sides. Now that's quieted. The other 2 pics is the "tape" repair for the recall. Keeping fingers crossed on that one LOL
I will have to check, but I am pretty sure my windows do not have anything like that attached. Are they suppose to be there or is this a DIY project?

Thanks
John
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #224
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
The window and screen above dining table are sure hard to slide open, almost like they made the hole to small? Or is this because its new and will wear in? I think I will also put something to hold the bed up when getting things out of storage how awkward is that?
When you figure out the bed thing let me know. Its on my list.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #225
Site Team

John, I don't have the weep hole covers on my RV either, and I don't have a problem with wind noise.
Old 05-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #226
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
John, I don't have the weep hole covers on my RV either, and I don't have a problem with wind noise.
Thanks Al...
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #227
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi6998 View Post
I will have to check, but I am pretty sure my windows do not have anything like that attached. Are they suppose to be there or is this a DIY project?

Thanks
John
They are supposed to be there. They gave them to us under warranty. Only .98 cents ea.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:05 PM   #228
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
That looks like eterna-bond tape, which I hear is really effective. Using that sounds better than inspecting and re-caulking twice a year. Thanks for the photos!

Macnut

Pretty sure your right about the eterna-bond tape. I spoke to the dealer service and they mentioned tape, but wouldn't confirm it was eterna-tape. But it seems a waste to use a 4" or 2" roll for a fix that only requires 3/4" or 1" tape. I have a 2" roll and trying to figure out how to make two 1" rolls. That stuff is very very sticky......

Dick Grattan
Surrey, BC, Canada

"The POLICE,
Their job is to save you ass,
Not kiss it"
Old 05-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #229
Winnebago Owner

Taking the MH in the middle of the month for 160watt solar panel install, then I am seriously looking at replacing the 12v coach batteries with a pair of 250amp 6v.

Dick Grattan
Surrey, BC, Canada

"The POLICE,
Their job is to save you ass,
Not kiss it"
Old 05-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #230
Winnebago Owner

My coach didn't have the weep hole covers and it never made any noise without them
Old 05-08-2016, 07:18 AM   #231
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmblaster View Post
Yes I took out the dinette and put in a couch that makes into a bed the hardest part was removing the bolts for the seat belts they had to be cutoff
Do you have a picture? That's what we would like to do too
Old 05-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #232
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I just wish that it was put on better, or I'm too OCD LOL There are places not stuck down completely, pine needles caught underneath, etc. I guess I can't see it from the ground
Old 05-08-2016, 07:34 AM   #233
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
going down the road... right behind the dr. seat ...it's in the wall..
We thought ours was rattling too and found out it was the piece at the top of the seat belt on the wall :( My husband found it. Also starting to hear it on the passenger side now.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:25 AM   #234
Winnebago Owner

I used the eternabond on our Vista 30T last fall when I noticed the sealant failing on some of the roof edge seems and front roof cap. Bought the 2" and did cut down to around 1" to make edge repair and left at 2" for cap repair. Wintered in AZ with wind, rain and 70 mph interstate cruising with no problems. Had intended to use as a temp repair until this summer when I could clean and reseal but now may just leave it and do the rear cap and balance of edges I didnt do last fall.
Seems to me the tape had a backing that allowed me to unroll into useable lengths and cut to size. I overlapped the joints so joint was facing rearward. Would need to look at what I have left to verify the backing
jazzerjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:52 AM   #235
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Do you have a picture? That's what we would like to do too

Sorry no pics and no longer have the coach
Rmblaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:37 AM   #236
Winnebago Camper

I have a question about my batteries on a 2013 26he should my house batteries charge off the engine when running the engine. Is there a relay that does this and if so where would it be located. I hope this the right place to ask this. Need some info.
poppy bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:03 AM   #237
Winnebago Camper

The house batteries should charge from the engine alternator when the engine is running. The relay is located behind the "breaker panel" which is inside the passenger side front external storage locker.
Buttercup987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 10:37 PM   #238
Site Team

When I got the coach, the engine wasn't charging the house batteries, like it was supposed to. The mechanic said that the Winnebago connection was wimpy and he corrected it. So far is has worked like a charm.
Old 05-14-2016, 05:39 AM   #239
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup987 View Post
The house batteries should charge from the engine alternator when the engine is running. The relay is located behind the "breaker panel" which is inside the passenger side front external storage locker.
Last year I called W technical support and they told me that my 2013 model should have an automatic relay that switches to House batteries once the engine battery reaches full charge.

Well... A mechanic just checked that out for me. He never found such module.He says he can install one for $350.
As for now, he by-passed the dash switch that temporarily connects both battery systems in parallel and made that connection permanent. I do not like that fix: if I deplete the house batteries, I also deplete the engine battery.

So please, you guys that think they have that OEM solenoid/switch/relay in place, can you test it and make sure it's there and working.

Here's a simple test:

- Use a voltmeter and note the tension on the engine batt & house batt
- Turn on all the house batteries for a while (all lights on for an hour) then note note their tension... it should have lowered a bit from usage
- Then start your engine and read the engine battery... if it is charging, it should read over 13.2V and up to 14.8V
Within a few minutes, it should settle to 13.2V and the alternator juice be redirected to the house batteries... making their tension raise while they are charging!!!

If the house batteries voltage does not raise ever while the engine is running... you don't have an automatic relay.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:50 AM   #240
Site Team

Mine works as it is supposed to, and it is a 2013 26HE. Could Winnebago have missed it when building your RV, or could the Mechanic not be aware of where it's installed by Winnebago. It should definitely be there otherwise. Take care and hope you get a fix for this soon!