Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #201
Winnebago Camper

Hi Oldtrooper,

Just wondering what the small black wire is in the right hand side of the photo?
RoboticRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:22 AM   #202
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboticRV View Post
Hi Oldtrooper,

Just wondering what the small black wire is in the right hand side of the photo?

RoboticRV. Ha ha, very observant. When I was using the surge protector outside at the pedestal I was concerned someone might take it, so I fashion a cable so I could use a padlock to secure it to either the pedestal or something else. It wasn't fool proof, but would slow or stop a lazy thief.

Dick Grattan
Surrey, BC, Canada

"The POLICE,
Their job is to save you ass,
Not kiss it"
Old 02-16-2016, 05:03 AM   #203
Winnebago Owner

Just wondering if anyone ha found a solution or lowering the front TV. The other item, is here a remote control for the bedroom light which is a pain to use.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:15 PM   #204
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
Congrats on your 26HE! We bought ours in June of 2012 and love it! As far as mods:
1) Added HDMI cable to TV so I could hook up my iPad for watching movies.
2) Turned the MCD Solo shades into Duo shades. I ordered directly from MCD and added the solar shade myself.
3) Added solid brass dually valve stems on all six tires from duallyvalve.com. My local BigO did the install.
4) Added a tee in gas line outside for our Weber Q100 grill and another one inside for a propane heater (Camcorder Olympian Wave 3). My local RV mechanic did the install and test.
That's it so far!
We still haven't got to use our motorhome yet :( I did exchange out the bulbs for LEDs too, wow they are huge! So how are you still liking the Vista? Ours is a 2015 and having some issues with no light switch in the bedroom :(
Bobbys Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 07:54 PM   #205
Winnebago Camper

Finally! We took our Vista on its first trip! 3500 miles with lots of wind and not a problem I love driving it as much as my husband does. I am 5'2" and thought the missing light switch would bother me but mainly just use the hall light. I agree on the TV being mounted in a bad place, think we may add a 2nd tv to the bedroom like someone on here did behind the bathroom cabinet. The dinette isn't my favorite maybe replace it with a couch and bring tv trays. So many upgrades we will be working on like the coffee holder up front and other cosmetic things but very happy with the handling.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:21 PM   #206
Site Team

Vista 26 HE questions

Glad you had a great trip in your 26HE! We just finished our 41st trip in ours, and still feel the same way you do. It's a great RV for us, and wind and/or passing trucks have never been a problem. And, of course, there is always a project or two I'm thinking about. Take care and happy RV travels!
Al and Deb
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:31 AM   #207
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys Girl View Post
Finally! We took our Vista on its first trip! 3500 miles with lots of wind and not a problem I love driving it as much as my husband does. I am 5'2" and thought the missing light switch would bother me but mainly just use the hall light. I agree on the TV being mounted in a bad place, think we may add a 2nd tv to the bedroom like someone on here did behind the bathroom cabinet. The dinette isn't my favorite maybe replace it with a couch and bring tv trays. So many upgrades we will be working on like the coffee holder up front and other cosmetic things but very happy with the handling.
Got ours out of storage last week. Plans for this year:
--replace the cab stereo with an Android Auto setup
--add a TV to the bedroom. I got a schematic from W to mount it on the shower side
--add some kind of light switch to the bedroom
--remove the barrel chair and make some kind of rack for the folding chairs
Still trying to figure out how to sleep a second couple during a bike tour this summer. Open to suggestions.
Old 04-19-2016, 05:16 PM   #208
Site Team

That's a great todo list. Best of luck on completing it this season! My only thought on sleeping two adults is the large basement compartment... :-) glad to say I have only maintenance items on my list this year, though that can change in a flash. The largest job on the list, which is already done, was to replace the caulking along the length of the RV where the roof meets the sidewalls. It had pulled loose from the aluminum in several places, especially on the passenger side. Messy job, but glad it's done. I'd encourage all 26HE owners to inspect this area. Happy travels!
Old 04-20-2016, 05:22 AM   #209
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
The largest job on the list, which is already done, was to replace the caulking along the length of the RV where the roof meets the sidewalls. It had pulled loose from the aluminum in several places, especially on the passenger side. Messy job, but glad it's done. I'd encourage all 26HE owners to inspect this area. Happy travels!
Mine had the exact same problem, same place!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #210
Winnebago Camper

Two maintenance items accomplished this week.

The first one was to change the fuel filter and fuel pump on the Onan Gen. It would not prime and start but it's working great now.

Second was to get a front end alignment done. I was noticing some abnormal tire wear. The toe-in was way out of spec, and was like that from the factory.

Cheers... Robo
Old 05-02-2016, 09:44 PM   #211
Site Team

Robotic RV, how many miles on your generator?
Old 05-03-2016, 06:37 PM   #212
Winnebago Camper

I have 20 hours on the gen. I think the fuel must have gone bad over the winter. Looks like it turned to jelly in the filter and pump.
It was a very difficult thing to replace first time round but now I can do it quite easily.
Next winter I will drain the fuel out and use plenty of fuel stabilizer.

How is yours working?
Old 05-03-2016, 07:00 PM   #213
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboticRV View Post
I have 20 hours on the gen. I think the fuel must have gone bad over the winter. Looks like it turned to jelly in the filter and pump.
It was a very difficult thing to replace first time round but now I can do it quite easily.
Next winter I will drain the fuel out and use plenty of fuel stabilizer.

How is yours working?
Its best to run the genny once a month for an hour with a load on it
Old 05-03-2016, 07:19 PM   #214
Winnebago Camper

We had ours in for a recall on the seal where the walls meet the top. All they did was apply a sticky tape on both sides :( We are now 99% quiet while traveling now! Thank you husband, he got into the dash area and wrapped noisy wires, lines etc, and ran some light sealer inside the screen door where the metal was vibrating. Replaced missing covers on drivers and passenger windows and now. Shhh do you hear that? Me either! Had 2 more camping trips since last post and happier every time we use it. We do miss our satellite tv and Sirius radio but those are easy fixes
Old 05-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #215
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbys Girl View Post
We had ours in for a recall on the seal where the walls meet the top. All they did was apply a sticky tape on both sides :( We are now 99% quiet while traveling now! Thank you husband, he got into the dash area and wrapped noisy wires, lines etc, and ran some light sealer inside the screen door where the metal was vibrating. Replaced missing covers on drivers and passenger windows and now. Shhh do you hear that? Me either! Had 2 more camping trips since last post and happier every time we use it. We do miss our satellite tv and Sirius radio but those are easy fixes
could I ask for a little more info please?.... what year? is it the new body style...

my coach has horrible wind noise from some where... I have all the seep wind gaurds ...

mine sounds like it is coming from above,,..

a pics of the repair and what area would be helpfull
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:15 PM   #216
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
could I ask for a little more info please?.... what year? is it the new body style...

my coach has horrible wind noise from some where... I have all the seep wind gaurds ...

We have a 2015 and had to have the cab side windows replaced because the metal strips were bowing top and bottom. I thought they would just replace the sliding parts, but they took the whole window out and replaced the unit. This quieted things out immensely. Last night I noted the dinette window had the metal strip bowing as well. I'll have to listen and see if there is wind noise coming from there.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:46 PM   #217
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelluge View Post
We have a 2015 and had to have the cab side windows replaced because the metal strips were bowing top and bottom. I thought they would just replace the sliding parts, but they took the whole window out and replaced the unit. This quieted things out immensely. Last night I noted the dinette window had the metal strip bowing as well. I'll have to listen and see if there is wind noise coming from there.
I had to have all the windows replaced due to the metal strip coming off it was done under warranty
Old 05-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #218
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wheelluge View Post
thanks for posting....I think i'm gonna take the header obove the dash off and do some sound proofing
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #219
Winnebago Camper

Quote:

We have a 2015 26 HE heard terrible wind noise and found we were missing a vent cover on both sides. Now that's quieted. The other 2 pics is the "tape" repair for the recall. Keeping fingers crossed on that one LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13151827_10154271733028629_1884138600069364153_n.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	126157   Click image for larger version

Name:	13177425_10154271732958629_7397040397620760397_n.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	126158  

Click image for larger version

Name:	13138796_10154271732803629_7965973094371208721_n.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	126159   Click image for larger version

Name:	13179413_10154271732868629_4021503557026457430_n.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	126160  

Old 05-05-2016, 06:25 PM   #220
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
thanks for posting....I think i'm gonna take the header obove the dash off and do some sound proofing
What a difference it made. Also found a couple pinched vents he fixed too