Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-16-2015, 03:02 PM   #181
Winnebago Camper

Pots and Pans

I love making our meals when we are using the Vista. Question is, anyone else unhappy with the storage for your pots and pans? I feel the upper cabinets are to whimpy for heavy things. Where does everyone else put theirs? I ended up putting them under one of the dinette seats.

I feel the chair is useless and husband and I are thinking of taking it out and putting up another counter space with a pull out bin for my cooking things
debbienibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 03:44 PM   #182
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbienibble View Post
I love making our meals when we are using the Vista. Question is, anyone else unhappy with the storage for your pots and pans? I feel the upper cabinets are to whimpy for heavy things. Where does everyone else put theirs? I ended up putting them under one of the dinette seats.

I feel the chair is useless and husband and I are thinking of taking it out and putting up another counter space with a pull out bin for my cooking things
I put my pots in the drawer under the stove and the lids under the refrigerator glass & metal baking pans in the overhead cabinet over the dinette
Old 09-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #183
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

For $350, I had a cabinet maker install drawers under the dinette seats.
The VR Tracks keep the drawers from sliding off. The drawer facing the stove is 24", the other one is 18". This way I can keep cases of bottles (beer or water) under the seats, using the free space left behing the drawers.

As for the spare seat, instead of remove it, I changed it's location a bit (see previous comments & photos in this tread).

Enjoy your "go anywhere" 26HE
Old 09-17-2015, 02:36 PM   #184
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolor View Post
For $350, I had a cabinet maker install drawers under the dinette seats.
The VR Tracks keep the drawers from sliding off. The drawer facing the stove is 24", the other one is 18". This way I can keep cases of bottles (beer or water) under the seats, using the free space left behing the drawers.

As for the spare seat, instead of remove it, I changed it's location a bit (see previous comments & photos in this tread).

Enjoy your "go anywhere" 26HE
I saw the seat move in previous posts and we just don't need the seat. Had a Aspect before and took it out of there too. My husband wants to put the pull out drawers in 1 of the dinette seats too. LOL we have a list going The other dinette seat I want to do an open hole and make it a bedroom for our Ginger (poodle) not spoiled at all!
Old 09-29-2015, 02:02 AM   #185
Winnebago Owner

did any one get a new 26he with the new body style and the 6 speed?
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 05:48 AM   #186
Winnebago Owner

I would like to put a remote switch on the headroom light. It is a pain to turn on and off. Any ideas on how to? I don't know if it can be converted to a remote control.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #187
Winnebago Camper

Our 2015 Vista 26 HE is now at the shop having the recall and some warranty work done :( Can't wait to actually go camping in it. They will have it 2 weeks. Does anyone know the size lights used inside by chance? We would like to replace them with LED and not sure if same size as ones listed on 1st page. Thank you
Old 10-05-2015, 07:06 PM   #188
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
I would like to put a remote switch on the headroom light. It is a pain to turn on and off. Any ideas on how to? I don't know if it can be converted to a remote control.
I am 5'2" and that's my main complaint is not having a switch in the bedroom. Who's dumb idea was that? I'm not thrilled climbing on the bed to turn it on :(
Old 10-05-2015, 10:52 PM   #189
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Our 2015 Vista 26 HE is now at the shop having the recall and some warranty work done :( Can't wait to actually go camping in it. They will have it 2 weeks. Does anyone know the size lights used inside by chance? We would like to replace them with LED and not sure if same size as ones listed on 1st page. Thank you

What recall? I just saw some information on a refrigerator recall. Is that the one? I am going to my RV tomorrow to check it.

Norcold Cooling Unit Recall Announcement | Thetford
Old 10-05-2015, 11:11 PM   #190
Winnebago Camper

There may be more than 1 recall on the refrigerators.

https://www.facebook.com/centralyava...strict?fref=nf
Old 10-06-2015, 03:36 PM   #191
Winnebago Camper

The good news is I checked my fridge today and it's a Norcold Model N611f. These must be a different series or older fridges covered in the recall. The bad news is the RV start battery was dead. Had to use the switch to tie the coach batteries in and it started right up. Now I have to see what caused the battery to go dead. It wouldn't click the started at all. The only thing I can think of is I left the radio on. It was sitting for a month.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:26 PM   #192
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyp47 View Post
What recall? I just saw some information on a refrigerator recall. Is that the one? I am going to my RV tomorrow to check it.

Norcold Cooling Unit Recall Announcement | Thetford
This is for a seal where the sides connect to the roof. It came out a couple weeks after we got it in June :( Great there's one on the refrigerator too?
Old 11-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #193
Winnebago Camper

Finally our motorhome is back! Recall fix was tape put over where the top meets the wall. WOW! Hope it works! They ended up having it almost 6 week between that and the warranty work. There's not much talk on this site for the Vistas. I would like to see more of your ideas on your motorhomes and also does anyone else winter camp? I hate that it has only a propane hot water heater. We used to turn on the electric for our old one when freezing out when not in use. Any ideas without draining all the water every time?
Old 11-29-2015, 08:35 PM   #194
Winnebago Owner

i bought a 2016...6 speed... new wall decor..ceiling lights have wall switches
chair by the door is a free standing rocker

tv moved by the door so both seats at the dinnette can watch it... dvd player is in dash/12v

new body style is about6'' lower so storage boxes are bigger

new front cap with hood that fits

all lights are led..

front has a drop down single bunk...

it's a 2k option... but they all get it
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:46 PM   #195
Winnebago Owner

I stil wonder if there is a remote switch for controlling lights that are hard to reach. I have search, but can't see anything available.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #196
Winnebago Owner

I did get my cup holders from Auto Zone. I see they carry them in a section at k mart. That a rear is items as seen on TV.

I have our motor home in the drive shed for the winter. I have power in the motor home, so I do a check of the batteries all winter. The vehicle batter has a trifle charger.

Has anyone a solution for the bedroom light. I can reach the light switch, but not my wife.
Has anyone fixed the water over flow for the water tank. Just wondering how much of a job that is. I notice the water coming out when I have a full tank.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:25 PM   #197
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottenkid View Post
Has anyone fixed the water over flow for the water tank. Just wondering how much of a job that is. I notice the water coming out when I have a full tank.
I had the same problem. Whenever I filled the tank to the top, it would waste the top ¼ through the overflow.

The Winnebago service tech knew about the problem and solved it by rerouting the tubing so it would not create a syphon on its own.

It worked for me. You may want to give their service center a call for more details.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:55 PM   #198
Winnebago Owner

This is what Winnebago sent me earlier this year for a fix for our 2012 30T. I haven't done yet but have been told it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Water Tank Vent Sphon Reduction Procedure 021611.pdf (31.2 KB, 136 views)
Old 02-14-2016, 12:07 AM   #199
Winnebago Owner

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1455433189.618324.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	118982

Hi guys. Read about putting the surge protector in the service bay. Did that on our Vista. Got tired trying to fit everything in the floor of the service bay. I used those Velcro style hangers they use to hang pictures on walls. You know the ones you can remove and they leave no mark on the wall. Well I found these to be very sturdy for pictures. So I used 6 to hold the portable surge protector to the service panel. To help keep ti secure I fashioned a hook out of wire (good size coat hanger) to take some of the strain off the plug area. It worked well this summer. So now I'm thinking I will shorten the coach cable down to 3-4 feet so it nicely reaches the surge box, then use the left over, with a new plug, to go from the surge box to shore powerClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1455433189.618324.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	118982. I've Attache a photo of the set up.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #200
Site Team

Great idea, Oldtrooper!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote