Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-22-2018, 01:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vibration in 2017 Adventurer 37 F

I am experiencing a subtle vibration at 55 mph in my new Adventurer 37 F. Had the tires checked and balanced - did not solve the problem. I suspect it might be the drive line but not sure, does anyone have any experience with this?
Bent Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bent Peterse View Post
I am experiencing a subtle vibration at 55 mph in my new Adventurer 37 F. Had the tires checked and balanced - did not solve the problem. I suspect it might be the drive line but not sure, does anyone have any experience with this?
Unfortunately this is not a new report from the Ford chassis owners. I think it was on irv2 that there was a major problem with this chassis that was never resolved for the owner. I hope this is not the case for you. If you can get a Ford commercial truck dealer to work with you, this would be the best place to start.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
Site Team

I have it as well in the same year same model same speed. It's very slight and is non-existent at any other speed. So, I've just let it go.

By the way, on my last trip I was entering a town dropping from 63 mph I was traveling to 55 for a reduced speed limit and instead of checking my speed the vibration notified me before I could glance at the speedo.

If it was more significant or any any speed I usually travel I'd see what could be done. But since it's not been a bother and it is very slight I let it go.

I remember hearing some reports of driveline imbalance delaying some 2016 chassis when they first switched to the 6-speed transmission. I never put the two things together. My 37F was built in Sept 2016 and is listed as a 2017 on all the documentation. But the VIN says the chassis was built in July 2016.

Tags
adventurer, vent