Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2019, 06:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

VIA Hood Alignment

Has anyone successfully aligned a VIA after it's been removed? I can't figure out how to align it properly. I've got to latch, but the front edge is up too high and the back scraps against the cowl.

Any suggestions?
Delsitsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Welcome to Winnie Owners. We are glad you joined us. Someone should be along soon to help answer your questions.

Completing a signature with the year make and model for your Winnie can help others to help you. And you can do that here;

http://www.winnieowners.com/forums/p...=editsignature
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Update

My post refers to my 2011 25Q VIA.
Delsitsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Via hood alignmen

I have a 2018 25T and had to remove the hood for my first oil change last week. When I replaced the hood I just left the 4 nuts slightly loose, gently closed the hood and wiggled it into alignment. The slots in my hood that the attachment bolts go through are oversized and allow some movement. When the hood looked good I gently raised again, trying not to move it back out of alignment, and tightened the 4 nuts down snug. Hope this helps.
Johndo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 09:47 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Smile

Thanks, I'll give it a try!
Old 10-31-2020, 07:58 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Sorry I am late to this thread but I removed my hood today, before I did I spray painted the bolts so I could put them back exactly where they were although it has not really closed well to begin with, like the OP the corners are high and the center rubs against the cowl so I may try jondo2's solution and see if it improves.

Meanwhile does anyone know if there is any access to the engine from the cab (2011 Via 25Q)? I found the battery access on the floor but I wondered if there is access behind the console? There are four screws holding the lower section to the floor but no access behind there. There is a 1" round plastic cover near the cup holder that snaps out but can't see what's in there, is there a release in there to remove the upper part of the console?

Thanks and hoping I can hook up with other Via owners who are DIY like me.
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote