Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 09:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Vectra questions.

Just purchased my first camper after deciding to upgrade from our race trailer that had living quarters. Bought it right and have been repairing all the small things we found and have narrowed it down to just a couple of simple things that im not having much luck on.

1.Power mirror switch is inoperative. Ive looked in the manual and searched here but cannot find if there is a fuse or if it shared with another. Is there a fuse or relay just for this?

2. Coach still has TV and VCR that are factory installed. I cannot get any sound of it at all. There is a switch in the cabinet with the VCR (stereo/TV) and TV is selected. Where should I start?

3. It appears that there are two antennas sticking out on the roof. Im assuming they are for CB and AM/FM?

4. Camper is a 95 with 25K miles...should I go ahead and do a full tuneup on it or just service the fluids?
Old 04-27-2015, 06:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Questions 1 and 2. Can't help.
Question 3. The short black antenna is the AM/FM antenna and the long silver one is the CB.
Question 4. Since this is new to you, a full tune up would be recommended, so the whole coach can be inspected. You may be able to get away with just the fluids on a rig with only 25K, but the right shop can do a through walk through.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:46 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Hi congrats on your coach!

You are probably going to have to get the wiring diagram from the Winnebago site and trace the mirror wiring to see where it goes. Some coaches take it to a chassis fuse block and use a spare spot provided by them. Others run off wiring in the dash etc.

Do you you have picture but no sound on the TV or nothing at all? What about if you play something on the vcr? Do you get sound then. Some times folks wire around the select buttons and take the output of the vcr directly into the back of the tv. Those wires aren't hard to trace.

Our coach has 2 small black antennas. One is for the dash fm the other is for the outside entertainment center radio.

I would get the oil tested by a lab. They can tell you if the engine is in good shape by looking at what's in the oil. (trace metals etc.)
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I have no sound at all. The picture works fine.

I will climb up and check the antennas.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

etchamp, do you have a switch in the overhead labeled TV/RADIO that controls the audio amp?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

It is flipped to tv. Would the stereo go out if it was flipped to TV...that is something I have not tried.
Old 04-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

etchamp, it should be flipped to TV to get sound through the audio amp. Also I think the radio battery switch needs to be on.
With the TV/Radio switch in Radio does the radio sound go through the speakers.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Im not sure how it happened....but i pulled the panel down where the switch is and the wires were unhooked. I hooked them back up and could here a audible click in the speakers with the switch thrown. It now works great.

Got the radio antenna hooked up, amazing how much clearer things look when you climb up there with them. Both antennas were removed when I purchased it and were placed inside.

Got the dog house off and all the belts have been replaced with NAPA Gold. The rest looks factory. I think a fluid change and then Ill tune it up after our race next weekend.

Thanks for all the help!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:29 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Great news and I'm glad it worked out. Who knows why the wires were unhooked, but many times, when you dig, you find the answers.
Thanks for the update.
Keith Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote