Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I just got back from Diamond RV in Mass (I'm in Michigan) with my new Vectra. First impressions.......

The biggest difference I noticed from my '05 journey is the IFS and the ride.....really wonderful to drive and very comfortable. Didn't think the IFS would make that big of a difference but it really does. Next was the interior appointments. The solid doors, accent lights, bigger "U" shaped kitchen and of course 4 slides....very roomy!

There was one annoying squeek somewhere on the passenger slide but by the time I hit Pennsylvania it stopped except on pretty harsh bumps.....I think it may be the slide seal, nothing a little lubricant can't fix.

I am most happy that I bought the dealer owners personal coach with 5,800 mi. on it and a full warranty since it was never titled. It's nice that I'm not the guy having to work out all those first year bugs! Now I will start working my way thru the manuals, figuring out the GPS & sattelite systems and the keypad locking system on the door. I think these Winnebago bags got even bigger with added info!!!

BTW-what's with all those tolls in New York, Penn, & Ohio????? Not like gas isn't bad enough I dropped another $100 in tolls on the way home......Thanks for all the well wishes in PM's it was a wonderful 2 day trip.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I just got back from Diamond RV in Mass (I'm in Michigan) with my new Vectra. First impressions.......

The biggest difference I noticed from my '05 journey is the IFS and the ride.....really wonderful to drive and very comfortable. Didn't think the IFS would make that big of a difference but it really does. Next was the interior appointments. The solid doors, accent lights, bigger "U" shaped kitchen and of course 4 slides....very roomy!

There was one annoying squeek somewhere on the passenger slide but by the time I hit Pennsylvania it stopped except on pretty harsh bumps.....I think it may be the slide seal, nothing a little lubricant can't fix.

I am most happy that I bought the dealer owners personal coach with 5,800 mi. on it and a full warranty since it was never titled. It's nice that I'm not the guy having to work out all those first year bugs! Now I will start working my way thru the manuals, figuring out the GPS & sattelite systems and the keypad locking system on the door. I think these Winnebago bags got even bigger with added info!!!

BTW-what's with all those tolls in New York, Penn, & Ohio????? Not like gas isn't bad enough I dropped another $100 in tolls on the way home......Thanks for all the well wishes in PM's it was a wonderful 2 day trip.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Send a message via Yahoo to vicsryd
Congratulations!! Totally awesome to get a "new" coach with all the bugs already worked out. And you got the last of the 36ft Vectra's too. They went bye-bye after the Tour came out and the 36ft Tour doesn't have IFS.

I have to admit I am very envious. Is there a commandment that a man cannot should not covet another man's motorhome?

vicsryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Yes - congratulations Jim - that's a fine machine! When we were coach shopping, the 36RD was a favorite floor plan.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:06 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Congrats on the new rig. If IFS makes as big a difference in motorhomes as it does in cars, trucks and SUV's I've driven, I am sure it is a joy. We need to wait until the house is paid for before we get another rig, so I've told the wife to keep me out of anything with 400hp and IFS...and, please oh please, don't let me drive anything with 400hp, IFS and a tag axle .
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Well, the DW went out and saw it for the first time and guess what.............She loved it and didn't give me the usual grief for getting a new toy. Of course her favorite part was the kitchen and all the extra wardrobe space in the bedroom.

The first trip will be to Nashville in early june for fan fair, but she wants to do an overnighter next week just to spend a night......gotta love it when the DW likes it as much as I do!
Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Enjoy the new coach! How about some pictures?

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, the DW went out and saw it for the first time and guess what </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this Straight.......Your wife let you get a new motorhome without even seeing it????!!!!!

Now that is unreal!!!!!!!!!
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Yep she did!!! She liked our Journey so the Vectra was an easy sell.....she saw a few pics on the internet and then I drove out to Mass to take a look.

I sent her some photo's when I got there and she said go for it! go figure.....
Old 04-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

What is IFS? I've been looking at the Journey and the Vectra...I take it te Journey doesn't have this option avaiable?
neilnbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:25 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

IFS is Independent Front Suspension, as opposed to a straight-front axle, which is in the Journey and Tour. I am sure it is a significant improvement in ride, especially over rough roads. Only available in the Vectra in the Winnie line.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:59 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Congrats: The Vectra is great. We pcked up a used 2005 40FD at Bleakley RV in Unadilla, GA on our way to Florida in January. We love it, it's so roomy. Still getting used to driving the pusher with the extra length but the ride is awesome compared to the gaser we had. Again congrats and good luck
Old 04-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #13
Administrator Emeritus

Here's jthartley's new Vectra...... I just approved the pics.

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 05:46 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Very nice, Many happy miles to you.

Jim

Our Webpage
jimandsue60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:01 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

Congratulations JT, you have a super coach..Enjoy and have many Safe miles...
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:37 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Here ya go! color is valley mist and looks much better than the photo.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:38 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

Thanks rebel, I guess I didn't know how to get them from the gallery to the board....I tried