Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Vectra Entertainment Center

The answer is probably in one of the multitude of manuals I received with the MH, but I'm either blind of mentally challenged as I can't find it! Above the entertainment cabinet in our Vectra 40TD, there is (what appears to be) a small black infrared sensor to operate the remote for one of the components in the cabinet with the door's closed. Am I correct in this or way out in left field? If so, is there a connection that I need to make for the remote to work through this sensor? Its definitely very when technology is leaving you behind -- I used to think this only happened to 'older folks' until I became one myself!!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

No, you are not a geezer!!
I had to go back to the dealer and make him show me again as to what is what.
We have an 08 Tour and it is far superior to coaches in its price range.
But whoever designed the entertainment center is a fiend. The dealer had to call a mobile electronic repairman. Two hours later, he goes "OH" and explained things.
I do not use all the equipment available, just what I normally use at home.
Also, you need to see how many leads you have from the sat dish.(LBs)
As an aside, the Tour (400ISL) get 9.3 mpg. Calculated by fillups (# of gals), and the little gauge on the dash has been correct so far. Towed is a 06 Grand Vitara4x4.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have a 08 Horizon 40TD so my layout is probably similiar to yours. I have a small black button above the TV that is the IR remote sensor for the sound system which runs through the DVD player located in a forward compartment.
Navy Flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Flier View Post
I have a 08 Horizon 40TD so my layout is probably similiar to yours. I have a small black button above the TV that is the IR remote sensor for the sound system which runs through the DVD player located in a forward compartment.
Thanks -- something we probably won't be using with Sirius radio and the DirecTV music channels. Music CDs are going the way of the cassette tapes , we'll never keep pace with the technology .
Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Pulled the 10 disc CD player and added it to the 'junk' box, along with the Alpine Navigation System -- installed our Garmin 7200.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
Pulled the 10 disc CD player and added it to the 'junk' box, along with the Alpine Navigation System -- installed our Garmin 7200.
Isn't that Alpine Navigation System something? I am on the third one and it froze today while calculating a route. Luckily I have a netbook and Street Atlas with gps. Terrible system, outrageous price.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:50 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry J View Post
Isn't that Alpine Navigation System something? I am on the third one and it froze today while calculating a route. Luckily I have a netbook and Street Atlas with gps. Terrible system, outrageous price.
Ditto Jerry -- my first and last experience with a disc-based GPS that the manufacturer charges a ridiculous $$$ to update. I've got lifetime updates with my Garmin and its much more functional.