Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone found an easy way to replace the halogen bulb in a VECTRA docking light?

Thanks.

2004 Vectra 40AD
VectraDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone found an easy way to replace the halogen bulb in a VECTRA docking light?

Thanks.

2004 Vectra 40AD
Old 03-09-2006, 03:54 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Geez....I'm still waiting for the FIRST chance to need mine!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:40 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I never used the docking lights on my "1994" Vectra. I don't ever recall back into a site in the dark.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I've used them alot recently and have to assume you would pull them out from the front. There is a small cap to protect the bulb so I'll bet that either screws off or is simply pulled off. They come in very handy when your hooking up at night. Provides much more light than just the compartment lights especially where some of the service locations end up being in campgrounds.

ON EDIT: On second thought, they "might" be accessible from behind since they are located very close to their respective storage compartments. Perhaps a quick review of the area will shed some more light.

2006 Itasca Horizon 40FD
BigTrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigTrace:
Perhaps a quick review of the area will shed some more light. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good one Tracey....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 06:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I checked with my dealer's service tech and it appears that the complete unit has to be replaced from the rear. No bulb replacement option. I'll comfirm this when I go back for my annual checkup/fixup next month.

2004 Vectra 40AD
Old 12-03-2006, 09:42 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

The docking light was replaced at Winnebago in Forest City. $26 part and $76 labor. Next time one burns out, I'll use a flashlight.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Thimas:
Thanks everyone for the feedback. I checked with my dealer's service tech and it appears that the complete unit has to be replaced from the rear. No bulb replacement option. I'll comfirm this when I go back for my annual checkup/fixup next month. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2004 Vectra 40AD
Old 12-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Im not sure they are the same, but on my UA and a friends Horizon, the fixtures are sold at walmart for about $20.00 for the pair.

I also found the bulbs at most auto parts stores. In my case, my fixtures were almost impossible to get apart due to the corrosion. Before I found the fixtures at Walmart, I had already purchaced and modified to fit some other driving lights. They work... But I would have rather had the originals.

To remove, again on my unit, it was pretty easy, just remove the bolts around the fender skirts, lift up (hinged), and remove the backing shield. The fixture unbolts from its mounting place.

John

John (N9MXX) & Derek (KC9KEM)
Moder2 is offline   Reply With Quote