Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I have an 05 Vectra and noticed that more than half of the light on the brakelight bar are out. I think they are LEDs and the entire bar must be replaced. Has anyone attempted to replace it?
SMIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I have an 05 Vectra and noticed that more than half of the light on the brakelight bar are out. I think they are LEDs and the entire bar must be replaced. Has anyone attempted to replace it?
Old 11-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Hi SMIES,
My 3rd brake light had the same problem. But it was replaced by the dealer under warranty. It didn't take long, so I assume it was an easy job. Sorry I can't be of more help.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Mine also was replaced under warranty by the dealer. I'm not sure how long it took, but the tech's notes were as follows: "Had to remove upper acess panel w/light on it. Removed old light, rewired new light and secured into place. Tested OK. Reattached panel."

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I replaced mine on a 2004 Horizon. It should be the same as yours.
It was an easy fix. There is a metal plate that goes across the top of the opening where the engine access door opens. The engine compartment light is attached to it. It is held in place by sheetmetal screws. Just remove the screws across the side closest to where you are and pull the plate down a few inches as there are more screws above the plate that you will need to remove as well. I found it easier to cut the wires to the engine compartment light so I could completely remove the plate with the light still attached. You can now look up and see the light bar and it is easy to remove and replace.
I installed a better engine comp light while I was at it and just respliced the wires with crimp connectors.

While you are in there look up and inspect the ducting up inside the end cap to make sure that it has not split any seams thus losing AC airflow.

Hope this helps,
Pete
PeteB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Hmmm - ours needed to be replaced the first year as well. Now I know how to do it when it breaks again.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks to all for the replies. Itseems that this is a common problem.
I assume that the warranty repair was in the first year. Mine is 2.5 years old.