Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Vectra appears to have gone into limp mode

I have been having trouble with squirrels and chipmunks, they ate through the vacuum line for my ac vents and my fuel gage has stopped registering, it may not be related but my transmission appears to be in the limp mode, it is a 40AD with the allison touch panel control transmission, any suggestions
dakdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 02:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakdoug View Post
I have been having trouble with squirrels and chipmunks, they ate through the vacuum line for my ac vents and my fuel gage has stopped registering, it may not be related but my transmission appears to be in the limp mode, it is a 40AD with the allison touch panel control transmission, any suggestions

I just bought a 06 Vectra 40FD. We love it. But on our first trip, my fuel gauge was bouncing all around. I knew the rig was full when I started my trip. I pulled over and called the place I bought it - happens to be an RV service/repair place right outside of Kansas City. I got to talk with a technician and have since taken it back for inspection. The fuel sending units have a recall on my rig (and probably yours). They are back ordered. There are no issues driving even when the system warns you low fuel. Mine only appears to bounce between 3/4 and half a tank. I have now driven enough to know exactly how much fuel I have. The shop has the sending unit on order and will install when it arrives. They say first of January. Maybe your sending unit is bad? I do not know what might be wrong with the transmission. I have done some research on this particular transmission and there are fault codes you can read by pressing the upshift/downshift buttons simultaneously. The Allison website is full of useful information. I am not proficient yet in posting links. Hope some of this info helps a little. Jay
KCVectra40FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

how about your fuel filter(s) and water traps, fuel flow starvation can be caused by filter constriction i would think.

GL!
SmilingSimon is offline   Reply With Quote