Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Using cable tv input on Forza 38W

I have been to campgrounds that offer cable TV connections and was able to use them in my past RV's but have been unable to connect in my current 2018 Forza 38W. There is roof-top Satellite Dish that connects to a HDMI hub in the entertainment center and that works fine. There is a roof mounted amplified over the air antenna with a steering knob and a signal strength meter. That is connected to the antenna input of the tv and also works fine. It must come through splitters since all TV's receive the signal from the roof antenna. On the Winnebago drawings, from the website, there is a wallplate that powers the roof over the air antenna and also has a switch which either selects the cable tv, when powered off, or the antenna when powered on. I am unable to locate this switch. It is supposed to be in the back of the entertainment center but all that is there is the satellite dish jacks, two for the roof antenna and one for the outside dish jack that is mounted next to the cable tv jack in the power cabinet near the rear of the coach on the driver's side. The drawing also indicates that colored tape is used to identify the video cables. The one coming from the switch is GRN but the one connected to the coax in jack of the main TV is Orange. Does anyone know where I might find the power and video switcher shown on the Winnebago drawings. I think the same switch power wallplate was used on my previous DAMON and Forest River RV's but in both those cases it was in the cabinet with the entertainment equipment.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #2
Site Team

"There is a roof mounted amplified over the air antenna with a steering knob and a signal strength meter"
I think I'd be looking here first. I don't have the same coach so I can't answer specifics but I replaced the push button power switch to the amp with one with a meter (see attached) and the "off" is right in the meter itself using the select button.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007AORLC4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All of my connections were in the cabinet above the passenger seat and the small switch was/ is located on the wall plate with the 12v power adapter there.

I did try looking to see if I could help with where it might be but not having any luck like you are seeing.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

There is a power switch on the roof mounted rotating antenna but I think it just turns the meter led's on and off. I have checked both compartments over the driver's seat and the compartments over the entertainment center but I have have not checked the two compartments over the dining and lounge area. They are closer to the roof mounted antenna which is near the dining table. Going to be over there tomorrow so I will post if I find anything.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #4
Site Team

This looks like the one you may need for the power to the antenna.

https://www.reqdirectplus.com/Compan...orza%2038w.JPG

pulled from the upper right corner of this page. https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2017/000181274.pdf
Old 10-03-2019, 02:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The area showing the plate next to an outlet, is that the cabinet over the sofa? As I said, i will check tomorrow those two cabinets but thanks for the drawing you posted. I found that drawing but was looking at the cabling and missed the picture of the plates in the cabinet.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:39 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2019 38W, and the switch is located in the cabinet at the windshield on the passenger side. You can hardly see it. You'll need to turn it off for the cable to work.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Found it! The cabinet door for the cabinet in front of the passenger seat is wider than the cabinet interior. My satellite dish power switch is in that cabinet but it is on the far left on the wall near the front of the motorhome. I had the drawing showing what the panel looked like and checked all the other cabinets without finding anything. I decided to check the front cabinets again, since that was where the switch had been on both my previous class A's. Sure enough, it was on the far right wall of the cabinet, not visible unless you use a flashlight and stick your head in the cabinet. Thanks for the replies! This forum is a great source of knowledge for RV people.