Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2009, 05:48 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

blower works fine but no hot air, any one know of a isolation valve or a bleed valve to let air out ? or any other sugestions???
qwest4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

blower works fine but no hot air, any one know of a isolation valve or a bleed valve to let air out ? or any other sugestions???
Old 01-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
rca
Winnebago Camper

Have you tried using the dash vent position instead of the floor position? I find that I get a lot more heat through the system by using the vents.
Still nothing like old W20 chassis with the motoraid coach heater. Now that really worked!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

yes i tried all posistions floor dash etc no heat at all , ac ok i think there is an air pocket or closed valve or somthing, i havent crawled under yet just hoping someone else found it and save me some time.
Old 01-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

The heater valve that allows hot water to flow to the heater core is vacuum controlled. I have seen where the line going to the vacuum motor was kinked or not working. The best way to DX this would be to find your heater core hoses and grab one side then the other to see if there is a temperature differential. Both hoses should feel the same if there is water flow through the valve. Hopefully the hoses will be hot to the touch.

Your heater core hoses run in parallel from the rear of the coach to the front via the frame rails.

There could also be a problem at the temperature selector on the dash. Your best resource to resolve this would be your Winnebago dealer.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 02 Brave, Ford Chassis. The dash air and heater quit working last season. I have been looking across the country to find someone to find the problem and get it fixed. But, the Ford dealers don't have a clue (I paid several hundred dollars in Utah to find that out) and the Winnebago RV dealers tell me its a chassis problem. I have a unit mounted on the passangers side of the firewall. It contains the heater core and the AC evaporator along with air mixer doors etc. Upon further inspection I found the box of the unit to be severely cracked and broken allowing outside air to enter the system and I beleive the airmixer door may not be operating properly. The fan works but the air direction and tempature control does not. I checked all the vacuum lines. Everything appears ok. I think the problem is inside that box that is the HVAC unit. But I can't find anyone to have a look.
OnTheMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

I had the same problem with a 96 Brave,first I smothered the big crack with JB weld and then with short boards blocked it to close the crack. It held for 2 years and then started a small crack next to the repair. Then to correct the no heat I put better connector on the end of the cable that operates the air damper as the old one had slipped.
r4etired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We had this same problem with a twin unit(Latitude UFO) that we sold. The problem ended up being a coolant hose that had a kink in it. The kink was located (as far as I remember) above the axle, or very near the axle, on the drivers side of the coach. Just follow the coolant line to the rear. The hose had a twist that kinked it off and didn't allow coolant to circulate.
zertrider is offline   Reply With Quote