Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2022, 03:22 PM   #1
2019 Vista LX 30T

two questions 1) sofe/bed won't pull out, 2) LED light burned out

Hi,
In my 2019 Vista LX, I have this sofa bed. We are new to the RV and I think the salesperson showed us that it converts to a bed, but we've not used that feature. Now I find that the bed will not pull out, the middle section seems locked in place and i cannot find a release. Does anyone know what I might be missing? The directions make it seem easy. (BTW, I am looking to replace the sofa bed with recliners.)
Second question, one of the LED lights is no longer working. does anyone know if these are easy to replace? do I need to get an entire fixture, or can i get a replacement LED board?
Thanks much,
Mike

Attached are pics, I hope
mff3429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 06:51 PM   #2
2019 Vista LX 30T

here are the pics

again, i think the pics are attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6672.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	233.9 KB
ID:	181666   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6678.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	181667  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6679.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	181668   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6674(Edited).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	181669  

Old 01-08-2022, 07:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'll go out on a limb as that looks like a couch I know---maybe not so approach with care!
Ithink it may be possible to lift eh long center panel that is below the cushions at the front and set it back out of the way to let yu look up at the center. If what I think, there will be a heavy metal "latch" to push or pull to release the cushions to come forward!
Kind of clunky and heavy to manage, so being able to see how the latch works may help?Our couch was a matter of pulling/ pushing hard on the latch while jerking up on the cushion!

The LED is pretty easy to replace and might be easier than hunting to find a replacement board???
But if one takes the screws out and pulls the fixture off the ceiling, it likely has a bunch of wire stuck back into the ceiling and you may find connectors of some type which I would want to check the connection and also that the battery as well as ground are getting to it. Maybe some other small problem with the wiring so that changing the light doesn't fix the problem?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 01:49 PM   #4
2019 Vista LX 30T

just a follow-up for any readers.
I found out how to extend the sofa bed. It turns out I needed to pull the top of the backrest forward slightly, then lift the sofa bed up out of from the collapsed, closed position. An easy, one-handed operation. It turn out there's a hook in the backrest part of the steel structural assembly that holds the seat in the collapsed position for normal sofa usage.

And Winnebago has the replacement ceilng lights for sale at about $17. I'll probably order one or two and then see how easy it is to replace.
Old 01-16-2022, 04:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the report. Sounds like I had the whole location of the catch wrong!

Not sure of how much shopping you've done or want to do but if you have a parts number for the lights, there may be a number of other outlets that have the same at different pricing.
I've found one point to check if not going with the same exact part number is the amount and Color or frequency of the lights on LED.
kelvin is the term to describe the color of the light and it can make a pretty big difference if you like a warmer white or a cooler that may be more blue.
I think of the Kelvin rating as 6500 K being a light close to "operating room" and good for me to read but my wife tends to like more 3200K which is an obvious difference in beingmuch more towardthe reddish than I likefor many things.
Just as heads up on the personal choice part to think about?

This is one site that I've used with good results:
https://winnebagoparts.com/resources/
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light