Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-11-2021, 02:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

TV's cable ready? 2011 Via

OK I can rebuild an engine and wire a house but admittedly I can barely operate a TV and could easily survive without one, however wife does not share that viewpoint. So through trial and error I figured out how to get OTA TV with the antenna by doing a channel scan but yesterday the park we stayed at had cable, so I hooked it up but could not get either TV to receive the signal. Tried all source inputs from the menu but unfortunately can't really see the back of either TV to see what cables and where they go, I can see each one has the 3 colored RCA connectors (which I believe is called component video) and I can also see there are no HDMI cords anywhere, and it looks like a single coax goes back there somewhere. The front TV has a built in entertainment center for DVDs etc and the back TV has a portable one, not sure if the cable comes to those first then out to the TV in the RCA plugs or if the coax is used for both OTA and CATV, and if so is there a switchover somewhere? Or do I need cable boxes? TVs original from 2011, Jensens.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'm guessing you are about up with most here on the forum as it seems to hang about all of us when we first get into changing OTA to cable as there is a hidden secret switch!

Since it is a frequent question, can I just refer you to a recent post that has about the same answers that I think you need?

IT has drawings of the thing as well as pictures of what you are looking for!
Tiny little button hiding on a faceplate where there is likely to be one coax connection on front Turning the button on gives power to the amp on the rooftop antenna and turning it off lets the cable signal come thorugh! But each time, you do need to go into the menu on the TV and tell it cable or antenna and THEN scan for channels!
See if this helps:
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ay-361037.html
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 08:10 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Well Richard that makes sense and I think that is the issue. The whole time we were trying to figure this out the antenna booster switch was ON and not because we turned it on first, but because we keep forgetting to turn it off when we pack out so it was left on from the previous camp. In fact I mentioned to my wife, we have to make shutting that switch off part of lowering the antenna. So it sounds like we shut off the switch, choose "TV" for the input source, then go into the menu and select "CATV" instead of air, then do a channel search?