Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 02:15 PM   #1
MAC
Winnebago 38 Q

TV unlocks in transit

Does anyone have a fix for the TV above the fireplace on an Adventurer that always unlocks itself in transit and slaps around until you can pull over and blue tape it down? I've had CW attempt to repair it 4 times and no luck! It's locked down, tight and secure and when you make the first turn it unlocks and swings like a one winged bird. Thanks....
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

It's a simple adjustment to the stops to keep pressure on the tv from being able to move. You can squeeze a piece of pipe insulation between the tv and the cabinet. Pipe insulation is purchased from HD.about 2 buck for a 6 foot piece
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:54 PM   #3
MAC
Winnebago 38 Q

Ok I'll try the foam pipe insulation. I have adjusted the stops and no luck. It seems like it slips out of the lock when turning but I can'd find any adjustment screws. Thank you
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

There are (2) large screws with a lock nut....one on the top edge and one at the bottom .....you would be adjusting those 2 screws/bolts to keep the tv from movement. I know you have to have a little play to push the tv into the lock mechanism the trick after that is to apply a piece of the pipe foam to take up the rest of the play.
It works for me......plus the pipe insulation will help quiet the rattling and squeaks.....not eliminate them altogether.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote