Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2016, 10:05 PM   #1
tjd
Winnebago Camper

Trim Breaking Off 2014 Itasca Journey

Anyone have this issue? Also in the subject I meant Meridian and not Journey.

Last year the trim on the passenger front snapped off as we were driving down i-10. It was replaced and covered under warranty. Well we pull the RV out of storage and head to Nevada this week and when we get there I see the driver side trim has come loose and broke off. Last year when it happen to the other side I heard it because it banged the side of the RV a a couple of times before it broke off and went flying down the road. This time I did not hear it and I know it was there when we left. I would of noticed it when I do I walk around on the RV before we left.

Well since the RV is no longer covered under factory warranty I have no clue if I will be able to get this repaired without paying out of pocket.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

tjd,
Sorry to see this happen to you, very odd. This is just my feeling/opinion, but the fix you had done on the passenger side is on record. Therefore, I would call Winnebago Service Administration 800/537/1885.

Those guys are pretty helpful, you may get Tommy or Bill, and I have talked to (I think Brian or Brandon) also. Explain as you did in your post your issue, they can look back and "get on the same page" with you. They will see the same identical situation has happened now on the driver's side. I've never heard of it myself, and it looks to be a unique situation.

I think it would be worth your time to converse with them about it. They very well may help you out and fix the driver side too, as a good will gesture. Of course, they may not, but I'd give it a shot before doing anything else. Send them the pics too if they want 'em. Also, the top guy who schedules service work is Mike Hamson. Very nice fellow as well.

I wish you a good outcome, let us know how you came out.

Best regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 12:23 AM   #3
tjd
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the response. I will call tomorrow and see what they can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
tjd,
Sorry to see this happen to you, very odd. This is just my feeling/opinion, but the fix you had done on the passenger side is on record. Therefore, I would call Winnebago Service Administration 800/537/1885.

Those guys are pretty helpful, you may get Tommy or Bill, and I have talked to (I think Brian or Brandon) also. Explain as you did in your post your issue, they can look back and "get on the same page" with you. They will see the same identical situation has happened now on the driver's side. I've never heard of it myself, and it looks to be a unique situation.

I think it would be worth your time to converse with them about it. They very well may help you out and fix the driver side too, as a good will gesture. Of course, they may not, but I'd give it a shot before doing anything else. Send them the pics too if they want 'em. Also, the top guy who schedules service work is Mike Hamson. Very nice fellow as well.

I wish you a good outcome, let us know how you came out.

Best regards,
W.D.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Please keep us posted as you proceed through this issue. Oh yea, you would have noticed for sure.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:43 AM   #5

That is wierd. Any chance the windshield frame or upper fiberglass clip is bouncing down on top of that where they meet causing it to bow it out or snap off the attachments?
Atom Ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 03:59 AM   #6
tjd
Winnebago Camper

Just an update. Winnebago will not cover it.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:53 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to hear that, I was hoping they could help you out. Did you get it fixed yet, and what was the cause? Let us know what progressed when you get time.

Best regards,
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, journey