Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Tour Screen Door Question

We've had our 08 Tour out for a couple of trips now and I noticed something I don't understand. The screen door has a box at the top (not the pull down shade under the cabinets). At the bottom of the screen, above the handle opening, is a tab that sticks out like the screen retracts. The screen is kind of baggy, which first drew my attention to it.

My question is - does the screen retract? If not, what is the purpose of the box at the top and the tab below?

I do love the extra little things I'm finding. For example, the external satellite connection is very handy. The coach has a King Dome, but there are times I like to run two receivers. I was able to setup a second dish on a tripod, hook up to the external connection, then run that through the second receiver to the AUX connection on the distribution box...very nice! I just need to run some coax into the hall closet so I can put the receiver there.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Lift up on the tab, maybe a jerk but don't let go. It should lift up. It helps to see out at night when it is up. Nice feature.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, I thought that was how it worked, but didn't want to manhandle it and find out I was wrong. The TD is a very nice floor plan. That's what we have in the Tour. The living room area is the best I've seen for our purposes.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

It's held down by a magnetic strip along the bottom of the window opening.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Your King Dome has a second coax for another satellite receiver. You'll have to hunt around behind the panels in the area where the first coax enters your entertainment cabinet. First remove the face plate for the roof satellite connection and pull the coax and look for the second coax there.

I found mine and now run stacked satellite receivers in the entertainment cabinet. I feed to the bedroom via the aux on the cable switch box. I use the remote magic eye from the bedroom to control the second receiver stacked in the front entertainment cabinet. Works great.

There's a pull down shade in the box at the top of your screen door.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I didn't know there was a second coax back there. I might try finding it, although we use Dish Network and so the King Dome is moving back and forth between 110 and 119. The tripod dish works well with the AUX input, so I'll probably just stick with that method. It is good to know the other coax is there for those times when using the tripod isn't convenient.
Old 01-01-2010, 04:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Screen door

The screen is held down by a magnetic strip. Gently, but firmly pull up on the tab to retract the screen while driving for better visibility for driver and passenger.
OldChief7155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Mine isn't retracting so it looks like a warranty item. The screen has a lot of slack, which is what got my attention initially.