Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2012, 08:36 AM   #61
Winnebago Watcher

Have a 2012 Tour QD. I lived in it for 6 months. A few minor problems, cracked tile in bath, HD wiring and some other small items I fixed. The coach is very easy to drive, I moved from a 34 gasser to the 42 Tour. Its big, barely fits in my garage, but very easy to maneuver if you stay cool and take your time checking the area around you as you park.
bcubed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #62
Winnebago Master

Goldviper
Thanks so much for you reply! Yes we are having Winnebago do the PDI at the factory and picking it up from them to drive it home to Orlando. I'm pretty certain I just saw your new Ellipse in person on Friday!!! It was beautiful!!! I flew out to Lichtsinn to give them my down money and complete a passthrough to get the ball rolling! My wife and granddaughter and I are flying back out Nov. 1st to tour the factory! If only we were going a week earlier we could have shaken hands! I would love to keep in touch and here about your delivery experience and how your drive home goes. Also, I am wondering how long it took them to have yours ready to pick up from the time that you ordered? We are doing many happy dances and find it difficult to wait.

Thanks, Jesse*

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldviper View Post
Hello Jesse,

Are you actually going to the Factory to pick up your Tour QD? We are leaving Tuesday morning to fly up to the Factory. We bought it at Lichtsinn Motors in Forest City. It was just delivered to Lichtsinn last Thursday. We can not wait to drive it back to AZ. We bought the Ellipse 42QD. Maxed it out with every option.

Good Luck with your NEW Tour.

Les
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #63
Winnebago Master

Sunsets2c
Many thanks for your reply. It is very comforting to know that most of the issues have been resolved. Safe and happy travels to you all as well.

Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsets2c View Post
jbmsr,

From my experience and what I found out the hard way :-)
Slide motors all have the update now
New rollers being used so tile not damaged
Power Gear is not supplying the autoleveler, jacks, slide modules now
Low voltage should not be an issue due to not using Power Gear

Interior lights I can't address. Winn. Fac replaced several fixtures, haven't had problems since. They may be using different fixtures now also.

Everything said, Winnebago still makes the most solid coach available. And they do learn from problems encountered. Congratulations on the new coach, and hope you have many safe, happy miles with it.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #64
Winnebago Master

Thanks bcubed50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcubed50 View Post
Have a 2012 Tour QD. I lived in it for 6 months. A few minor problems, cracked tile in bath, HD wiring and some other small items I fixed. The coach is very easy to drive, I moved from a 34 gasser to the 42 Tour. Its big, barely fits in my garage, but very easy to maneuver if you stay cool and take your time checking the area around you as you park.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #65
Winnebago Master

bcubed50
Thanks for the info. We are very exited and find it very difficult to wait until the delivery date. My wife, granddaughter and toy poodle (she loves to rv as well) are flying to Des Moines November 1st and driving to Forest city to do the VIP tour. We want to tour CDI the paint shop as well. We are hoping to see our chassis in line. We started with a 2001 Winnebago Adventurer 35U for the first year. Then, found a steal on a 2006 Itasca Suncruiser 35A and loved it as well. We have looked at many other brands and styles that were tempting but figured why try to beat the odds. I mean, we have been very happy with the other 2 Winnebago products. We live in the Orlando Area and worked with 3 dealers to get a good deal and feel good about the purchase as it is a big one for us. We called Lichtsin Motors in Forest City Ia. and got our best deal from Casey. She didnt tell us everything we wanted to hear but she was straight with us in every way. She has made the whole experiance a pleasure. I will buy my next coach from her. 1600 miles from me but worth it.
thanks,
Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcubed50 View Post
Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #66
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Goldviper
Thanks so much for you reply! Yes we are having Winnebago do the PDI at the factory and picking it up from them to drive it home to Orlando. I'm pretty certain I just saw your new Ellipse in person on Friday!!! It was beautiful!!! I flew out to Lichtsinn to give them my down money and complete a passthrough to get the ball rolling! My wife and granddaughter and I are flying back out Nov. 1st to tour the factory! If only we were going a week earlier we could have shaken hands! I would love to keep in touch and here about your delivery experience and how your drive home goes. Also, I am wondering how long it took them to have yours ready to pick up from the time that you ordered? We are doing many happy dances and find it difficult to wait.

Thanks, Jesse*

Hello Jesse,

I am at Lichtsinn now, we arrived Tue afternoon and did the paper work and have slept in it sense Tue night. WOW!!!! The colors are awesome, the interior is amazing..... BUT, we have a lot of paint defects that CDI (the company the paints the coaches) can not seem to get fixed. The coach was in there shop Mon, Thur and today. I actually drove the coach over to them with a guy from the dealer to hopefully get it finished today so We can leave for AZ tomorrow. Also notice the dash heat is not working. Those are the only issues I have found so far. The paint problems are many.......scratches mostly, wax not removed from the rubber around the windows, buffing wheel swirl marks. Hopefully it will be fixed today. The guy at CDI though I was a worker from the dealer and told the dealer guy that some of the paint issues was not caused by him and he would not fix it. At that point I went BOLISTIC in his face, told him I was the owner and I was not playing the blame game and that they would fix it and I wanted to talk to his boss. He appologized profusley and said he would make sure it was all taken care of, turns out he was the manager. We appologized to each other and I left. I told Ron Lichtsinn what had happen and he called the general manager, so we will see what happens. Lichtsinn has been really great to deal with.
Wish me luck. Thanks for the compliments on the coach, it is gorgious!!!!
Les

PS. I ordered it in June, they stared building it in early Sept. The Factory is really busy and is way behind. Just be patient, I was not, but the time will pass. Life is good. This is my first every coach so it has been nerve racking.
goldviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #67
Winnebago Master

Hi Les,
Thanks for keeping me posted on your delivery experience! I am sorry to hear that you have had ANY problems but it sure sounds like you are on it. I would liked to have seen his face when he found out you were the owner! The general manager of CDI is Dave Nagle. I talked with him last week and he seems to take pride in his company. I believe that the last thing he wants to do is tick the owner off that just purchased a high end coach from Winnebago Industries Inc. who formed a partnership with CDI in 2002. I spoke to Troy with Winnebago Customer Relations who also works in service about the paint warrentee. Troy said that he has had customers have an issue with their paint up to five years down the road and he refers them to CDI and the problem goes away unless the customer used an after market sealer which then at that point he has seen them refuse to warrantee anything. Sorry you are having to contend with this, you should be enjoying you trip home in that beautiful coach. I do believe you are dealing with 3 top notch companys that will soon have you happily on your way.
Les, I am amazed that you ordered in June and are just now taking delivery! Is that how long they told you that it would take when you placed the order?
Thanks again and keep in touch. If I can help in any way let me know! Jesse

Quote:
Hello Jesse,

I am at Lichtsinn now, we arrived Tue afternoon and did the paper work and have slept in it sense Tue night. WOW!!!! The colors are awesome, the interior is amazing..... BUT, we have a lot of paint defects that CDI (the company the paints the coaches) can not seem to get fixed. The coach was in there shop Mon, Thur and today. I actually drove the coach over to them with a guy from the dealer to hopefully get it finished today so We can leave for AZ tomorrow. Also notice the dash heat is not working. Those are the only issues I have found so far. The paint problems are many.......scratches mostly, wax not removed from the rubber around the windows, buffing wheel swirl marks. Hopefully it will be fixed today. The guy at CDI though I was a worker from the dealer and told the dealer guy that some of the paint issues was not caused by him and he would not fix it. At that point I went BOLISTIC in his face, told him I was the owner and I was not playing the blame game and that they would fix it and I wanted to talk to his boss. He appologized profusley and said he would make sure it was all taken care of, turns out he was the manager. We appologized to each other and I left. I told Ron Lichtsinn what had happen and he called the general manager, so we will see what happens. Lichtsinn has been really great to deal with.
Wish me luck. Thanks for the compliments on the coach, it is gorgious!!!!
Les

PS. I ordered it in June, they stared building it in early Sept. The Factory is really busy and is way behind. Just be patient, I was not, but the time will pass. Life is good. This is my first every coach so it has been nerve racking.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:12 AM   #68
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi Les,
Thanks for keeping me posted on your delivery experience! I am sorry to hear that you have had ANY problems but it sure sounds like you are on it. I would liked to have seen his face when he found out you were the owner! The general manager of CDI is Dave Nagle. I talked with him last week and he seems to take pride in his company. I believe that the last thing he wants to do is tick the owner off that just purchased a high end coach from Winnebago Industries Inc. who formed a partnership with CDI in 2002. I spoke to Troy with Winnebago Customer Relations who also works in service about the paint warrentee. Troy said that he has had customers have an issue with their paint up to five years down the road and he refers them to CDI and the problem goes away unless the customer used an after market sealer which then at that point he has seen them refuse to warrantee anything. Sorry you are having to contend with this, you should be enjoying you trip home in that beautiful coach. I do believe you are dealing with 3 top notch companys that will soon have you happily on your way.
Les, I am amazed that you ordered in June and are just now taking delivery! Is that how long they told you that it would take when you placed the order?
Thanks again and keep in touch. If I can help in any way let me know! Jesse
Hello Jesse,

At 3pm the dealer called me and told me that Dave (GM of CDI and Jay the Floor Manager) wanted me come out and inspect the Coach. OMG!!! It was not the same coach, they went over every inch of paint and polished it, got all of the scratches out.......It now looks stunning. I am totally amazed at what Jay and his team did. CDI must have over 100 coaches in there lot waiting for finish work. Jay kept refering to my coach as a High Liner (means top of the line). I met Dave, nice guy, Jay is also very nice (he's the guy I got in his face). We are now best buds, he took me and show me the start to finish paint process. This is not part of any tour. If you can get into CDI you will be amazed at what they do.

The problem I thought I was having with my dash heater, is not a problem. Seems that the dash heat comes from the engines (42 feet behing you). It take a while for the heat to get up front. The dash heater works fine. The dealer said Winnie should put an electric heater up front for instant heat, I agree.

In the 4 days we have lived in this monster, it has been nothing but a pure pleasure. Everything works as adverised.

Casey is the Sales Manger and is very nice. My sales rep is Reed, also very nice. You wnat to have Bill do your walk around/training. He is very patient with very novice questions. He does not talk over your head and take his time with you.

The wife and I came out in Aug for the Factory tour and the meet out sales team. It is worth the trip. The Factory tour is usualy done by Terry (40 year at Winnie = retired) now a volunteer at the Visitor Center, he is very helpful.

I am very pleased with my purchase. I got the DARK CHERRY paint...WOW. It pops and screams gorguous.

Have fun on the visit/tour and have fun with your coach.

Shooter sport bar in Forest City has very good food. We have eaten there 5 time in 4 days. They know our names when we walk in the door.

Mikes Food Store has the best Breakfast in town. Do not go the Chinese restraunt, it is terrible.

Keep in touch. We are leaving in a couple of hours for AZ. At the end of this 1700 mile 4 day trip I should (WILL) be a better RV'r. This is a beginners trip.

Les
Old 10-27-2012, 07:54 AM   #69
Winnebago Master

yes! Yes!! YES!!! I knew the best of the Best would take care of you!!! Thanks for all the info, it is very valuable to us. We are SO exited for you!!!
Les, now it's time for you to enjoy that High Liner and bring it home safe.
We will be thinking about you and waiting to hear how your 1700 mile road trip went. I would love to show my wife Cathie a picture of your rig so when you get home and get some rest please send us one. Your Wife has to be beside her self exited.
Thanks Les,

We are doing the happy dance!!!

P.S looks like that gold digging has paid off!

Jesse

Quote:
Hello Jesse,

At 3pm the dealer called me and told me that Dave (GM of CDI and Jay the Floor Manager) wanted me come out and inspect the Coach. OMG!!! It was not the same coach, they went over every inch of paint and polished it, got all of the scratches out.......It now looks stunning. I am totally amazed at what Jay and his team did. CDI must have over 100 coaches in there lot waiting for finish work. Jay kept refering to my coach as a High Liner (means top of the line). I met Dave, nice guy, Jay is also very nice (he's the guy I got in his face). We are now best buds, he took me and show me the start to finish paint process. This is not part of any tour. If you can get into CDI you will be amazed at what they do.

The problem I thought I was having with my dash heater, is not a problem. Seems that the dash heat comes from the engines (42 feet behing you). It take a while for the heat to get up front. The dash heater works fine. The dealer said Winnie should put an electric heater up front for instant heat, I agree.

In the 4 days we have lived in this monster, it has been nothing but a pure pleasure. Everything works as adverised.

Casey is the Sales Manger and is very nice. My sales rep is Reed, also very nice. You wnat to have Bill do your walk around/training. He is very patient with very novice questions. He does not talk over your head and take his time with you.

The wife and I came out in Aug for the Factory tour and the meet out sales team. It is worth the trip. The Factory tour is usualy done by Terry (40 year at Winnie = retired) now a volunteer at the Visitor Center, he is very helpful.

I am very pleased with my purchase. I got the DARK CHERRY paint...WOW. It pops and screams gorguous.

Have fun on the visit/tour and have fun with your coach.

Shooter sport bar in Forest City has very good food. We have eaten there 5 time in 4 days. They know our names when we walk in the door.

Mikes Food Store has the best Breakfast in town. Do not go the Chinese restraunt, it is terrible.

Keep in touch. We are leaving in a couple of hours for AZ. At the end of this 1700 mile 4 day trip I should (WILL) be a better RV'r. This is a beginners trip.

Les
Old 10-27-2012, 03:51 PM   #70
Winnebago Owner

The dash heat will be warm fast if you leave the aqua hot system on. Also you have a house heat coil near the passengers feet that will raise the temperature fast if you set your zone 1 on your thermostat to call for heat.
I concur on the Chinese food joint lol. We normally go to Mason City to eat...30 minute drive vs heart burn etc...hmmm
Five2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #71
Winnebago Camper

Les,

Just my 2 cents worth-take a couple more days for your trip. I made the mistake of driving from Tampa to Denver in four days with our first coach. Arrived frazzled and tired. Since then, I've heard the advice "300 miles or 3 PM whichever comes first." Makes for much more pleasurable trip.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #72
Winnebago Owner

hello all,

Thanks for the advise. We drove 600 miles today, 12 hours with 2 of us driving. Not to bad. We are in Tocumcari, NM camped in the Flying J truck stop.
Everything is running very smooth, drive like a dream. I cannot tell you how pleased I am. On to Flagstaff tomorrow and then to Phoenix on Tue.
Les
Old 10-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #73
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
hello all,

Thanks for the advise. We drove 600 miles today, 12 hours with 2 of us driving. Not to bad. We are in Tocumcari, NM camped in the Flying J truck stop.
Everything is running very smooth, drive like a dream. I cannot tell you how pleased I am. On to Flagstaff tomorrow and then to Phoenix on Tue.
Les
Wintering or live in AZ? Send me PM if you'd like to get together and commiserate. We'll be in Mesa for February.

2015 F-150 King Ranch LB 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost Toad, Texas Boomers RV Club
FMCA F292298, NRA Benefactor Life Member
dlovitt is offline   Reply With Quote