Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-09-2023, 02:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Toilet Replacement for a 40U

I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian 40U and I would like to replace the original Thetford Style II toilet with another brand. I am looking at the Dometic 320, this one has an elongated toilet and I am not sure of the fit. Has anyone put this toilet in and how do they fit in relation to the very small area and closing the door?

Any and all suggestions are welcome!!
Thanks,
Tom
2014 Itasca Meridian 40U
MayorWest76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 07:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Since they are completely rebuildable, I'd go ahead and upgrade to the Dometic 510 commode.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 04:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for the reply, I will look to see what it takes to install. This looks to be a 4 bolt toilet and I would need an adapter.
MayorWest76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 07:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorWest76 View Post
I have a 2014 Itasca Meridian 40U and I would like to replace the original Thetford Style II toilet with another brand. I am looking at the Dometic 320, this one has an elongated toilet and I am not sure of the fit. Has anyone put this toilet in and how do they fit in relation to the very small area and closing the door?

Any and all suggestions are welcome!!
Thanks,
Tom
2014 Itasca Meridian 40U
My 40U has a shelf like cover running along the outside wall and to the back of the toilet. Consider this when replacing the toilet. It might interfere with the water hookup and the flush petal. Also check the height of the toilet. I had a coach with a high toilet. I'm short. Very uncomfortable.
Old 01-19-2023, 01:12 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2011 40u, and replaced my toilet about 4 years ago with an elongated model from camping world. I am not sure about the specific difference in size, but I know that I measured it while at the store to make sure it would work. The install was done right in their parking lot, per their parts guys since they were too busy. It probably took a total of 40 minutes, including getting my tool out of the basement.
I’m 5’ 10”, 226, and I had a problem sitting with the door closed on both units. It’s a poor design for an ave sized person, but that’s the setup the wife wanted. My next coach, sit on the toilet and step into the shower…

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, toilet