Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Toilet hose sprayer

Those of you that have the sprayer hose in the bathroom, is your sprayer operated in conjunction to the flushing of the toilet?..........another words, you have to step on the pedal in order for the hose to work.....I also find the pressure to be so ridiculous low.
I think I am going to modify this setup so as to make it useful and not have to step on the pedal to have water.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We have had two motor homes and both you needed to step on the pedal for the sprayer to work.
vanmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:42 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

For the most part I find that the sprayers are a waste. The fitting on both front and rear bath leaked when being used and had to make two warranty trips to have hose clamps replaced. If they were on independent supply line with better pressure and flow rate, they might be worth it.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

This morning I modified the spray hose situation and in doing so, I was able to resolve another problem at the toilet. I saw that while working on my mod, I notice the supply line to the toilet is now a garden hose like connection...Hmmmmm....I disconnected the connection, and installed a garden hose shutoff valve (1/4 turn shuts the main water to the toilet) I don't know if I would ever need it, but for 3.00 for the valve and 5 minutes of my time, I now have a shutoff just like we have in the S/B.
The mod for the spray hose was equally as simple....cut the hose for the sprayer near the connection leaving a 2" piece so as I could insert a 1/4 " piece of solid nylon and install a clamp to plug the pigtail. The second part was to cut the 3/8" which is the supply line about 4" down an install a 3/8"x3/8"x1/4" plastic tee fitting and reconnect all the lines to the tee fitting with small worm clamps. Job done and the spray hose now has the same pressure being supplied from pedestal. I had most of the things needed to do the mod, but I wanted to do a neat job, so I had to buy the small worm clamps.
corjaguar is offline   Reply With Quote