Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #41
Winnebago Owner

The EEZ tpms appears to be a take-off of the TST system, but at a 70% discount.

For those deciding between replacing batteries every year, or getting the 5-year units that need to be serviced at the factory, I've had both and have decided that you're darned if you do, and darned if you don't.

The factory units should be sent in after 4 years, just to avoid failures while in use.

The replacement units are, by design, very light-weight. That light weight translates to flimsy outer covers and weak o-rings; too much pressure and the screws wallow out the holes. The o-rings can be prone to leaking water into the sensor cap.
Old 02-17-2020, 06:16 PM   #42
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
The EEZ tpms appears to be a take-off of the TST system, but at a 70% discount.

For those deciding between replacing batteries every year, or getting the 5-year units that need to be serviced at the factory, I've had both and have decided that you're darned if you do, and darned if you don't.

The factory units should be sent in after 4 years, just to avoid failures while in use.

The replacement units are, by design, very light-weight. That light weight translates to flimsy outer covers and weak o-rings; too much pressure and the screws wallow out the holes. The o-rings can be prone to leaking water into the sensor cap.

I disagree with the EEZ/TST comparison. I have had both. The TST pass through sensor gave me nothing but trouble. Getting air to pass through it was always a challenge. The EEZ pass through sensor works well for putting air in the tires and the sensors and monitor are as accurate as the TST.

Batteries are easier to change in the EEZ sensor and are available in multi packs for reasonable cost on ebay. Changing the batteries once a year is not expensive and easy to do. The O rings fit better in the EEZ and are less pron to leaking than with the TST I had. It has been a few years since I switched. Can't say what TST is offering now in the 507. But, IMHO, bucks for the bang, I would got with the EEZ again.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:14 AM   #43
Winnebago Owner

The comparison was in how they both look about the same; especially the monitors.

The TST units with replacement batteries have very small o-rings that will deteriorate if in the sun at all, so make sure you order new o-rings before you do the batteries. The changing drill is simple; remove three small screws from the outer casing, unscrew the inner cap (this is where you find what's left of the o-rings) replace battery, screw on the cap almost all the way, insert a new o-ring, and tighten cap, then insert back into outer shell and afix the 3 screws.
How does EEZ battery replacement compare?
Old 02-18-2020, 06:43 PM   #44
Winnie-Wise

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone see anything wrong with these?
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 07:28 PM   #45
NXR
Winnebago Owner

From the Questions:

"As soon as the unit receives any vibration it turns on and stays on while you drive. It will notify you immediately of low pressure and is accurate within a couple of pounds."

I guess that means if you want to proactively check your tire pressures without driving you need to twhack each valve stem or something.
NXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 05:24 AM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
From the Questions:

"As soon as the unit receives any vibration it turns on and stays on while you drive. It will notify you immediately of low pressure and is accurate within a couple of pounds."

I guess that means if you want to proactively check your tire pressures without driving you need to twhack each valve stem or something.
No just move or pick up the monitor to make sure it's on. It goes into sleep mode if it has no movement after a bit of time. If it's a travel day, as I'm getting ready, I "wake up" the monitor, let it find everyone and check the pressures. I've used it long enough and double checked it to basically trust what it says in pressures and temperatures.
Old 02-19-2020, 05:39 AM   #47
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
The comparison was in how they both look about the same; especially the monitors.

The TST units with replacement batteries have very small o-rings that will deteriorate if in the sun at all, so make sure you order new o-rings before you do the batteries. The changing drill is simple; remove three small screws from the outer casing, unscrew the inner cap (this is where you find what's left of the o-rings) replace battery, screw on the cap almost all the way, insert a new o-ring, and tighten cap, then insert back into outer shell and afix the 3 screws.
How does EEZ battery replacement compare
?
Remove cap from stem, unscrew the 2 parts, replace button battery, inspect and replace O ring if necessary (mine have been OK after 2 battery changes), reassemble buttons, reinstall on valve stems. I also ordered batteries online and got a dozen pack. They don't last as long as ones you might find in a store, Energizer etc. but a fraction of the cost. They still last pushing 2 years. When assembling the buttons and reinstalling on the valve stems, do not use gorilla force. Snug them so you don't warp the O ring. That advice applies any time an O ring is used.

I've very happy with my system and it gives a lot of peace of mind. I can check pressures before traveling and I get alerts if there is an issues. I didn't have the parameters set correctly on a trip across the desert SW one summer and I got high temperature alert on the sunny side. Was lunch time so stopped, checked everything with thermal gun and all OK, just hotter than hell outside. Last year I also was alerted to an abnormally hot right front tire on the toad (Jeep). Was the right front brake caliper sticking causing the brake to overheat. That was fixed by a "brake job" in the campground the next day.

In Alabama when a lawyer advertises on TV they have to state a disclaimer, (in small print) than no representation is made that any legal services are better than others. Same with TPMS, everyone likes their choice and sometimes irrationally defends their choice. I chose EEZtire after researching for ease of use, monitor size, and cost. It has served me well. YMMV.

DON'T leave home without it.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:28 AM   #48
NXR
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwwicks View Post
No just move or pick up the monitor to make sure it's on. It goes into sleep mode if it has no movement after a bit of time. If it's a travel day, as I'm getting ready, I "wake up" the monitor, let it find everyone and check the pressures. I've used it long enough and double checked it to basically trust what it says in pressures and temperatures.
That makes sense. I misread it. That's how the TST also works.

Ray
Old 02-19-2020, 07:30 AM   #49
NXR
Winnebago Owner

Here are some links from an interesting site.

RV Tire Safety: How I program my TPMS

RV Tire Safety: How accurate is your TPMS?

RV Tire Safety: What is the "Best" TPMS

Ray
Old 02-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #50
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
We are using the TSD flow through sensors and they work perfectly. You have to have metal stems to use the flow through type....
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure