Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

We had the opportunity to tour a Destination 39W this weekend at the Elkhart RV show! WOW! What an amazing interior and exterior. The curved front cabinets and materials are wonderfull. Great floorplan and as usuall, the fit and finish were excellent.

We looked at a lot of coaches and just kept coming back to the innovations on this coach. In our opinion, it stole the show! Kind of ironic that it was one of the only ones not made in Indiana.
Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We had the opportunity to tour a Destination 39W this weekend at the Elkhart RV show! WOW! What an amazing interior and exterior. The curved front cabinets and materials are wonderfull. Great floorplan and as usuall, the fit and finish were excellent.

We looked at a lot of coaches and just kept coming back to the innovations on this coach. In our opinion, it stole the show! Kind of ironic that it was one of the only ones not made in Indiana.
Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

While I have'nt been able to actually see a Destination or Lattitude myself, I have looked at pictures and like the looks of it too. Some posters have said they don't really care for it but I think it looks great. My wife says she wonders about storage capacity of the rounded cabinets and thinks it may lack some space due to the curves. To each their own, that's what makes life interesting!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

We too were drawn to the 2008 Destination the first time we saw it.We just bought the 39W gas model this week. We are in the process of transferring all of our things from our "old" RV, a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 37C. There is far more usable cabinet space in the Destination but not necessasarily in the right location. Drawer space in the Bedroom is limited but the kitchen and the front has plenty. I will keep you posted as we make a few trips as to how it works out.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
We too were drawn to the 2008 Destination the first time we saw it.We just bought the 39W gas model this week. We are in the process of transferring all of our things from our "old" RV, a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 37C. There is far more usable cabinet space in the Destination but not necessasarily in the right location. Drawer space in the Bedroom is limited but the kitchen and the front has plenty. I will keep you posted as we make a few trips as to how it works out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WOW! Our FIRST Destination owner on this forum!!! Congratulations and WELCOME to the forum!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:23 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

CONGRATS!! Pls be sure to keep us posted on your experiences. Enjoy the new rig.

Thudman

Koni FSD's, TracBar rear, SteerSafe, 50A SurgeGuard, Eternabond; 2012 Honda CRV EXL w/Nav & AWD
Thudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:12 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
We too were drawn to the 2008 Destination the first time we saw it.We just bought the 39W gas model this week. We are in the process of transferring all of our things from our "old" RV, a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 37C. There is far more usable cabinet space in the Destination but not necessasarily in the right location. Drawer space in the Bedroom is limited but the kitchen and the front has plenty. I will keep you posted as we make a few trips as to how it works out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the forum . You do have the honor of being the first Destination owner here. We will all be interested in your review of the coach and the performance of the UFO chassis.

Safe travels and come back often to share your adventures.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

We too were drawn to the 2008 Destination the first time we saw it.We just bought the 39W gas model this week. We are in the process of transferring all of our things from our "old" RV, a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind 37C. There is far more usable cabinet space in the Destination but not necessarily in the right location. Drawer space in the Bedroom is limited but the kitchen and the front has plenty. I will keep you posted as we make a few trips as to how it works out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wthomas1;
Congratulations on your purchase of the Destination & the honor of being the first on IRV2.

We would like to welcome you to join us on Tuesday nights in the Winnebago Chat Room at 9PM EDT. We are all interested in the new UFO

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

wthomas1 Welcome to the forum and the first registered owner of a Destination UFO. You selected a very nice unit, you will really notice a vast improvement in ride and handling. I like the offset slides arrangement in the 39.
Please keep us advised of your travels and the performance of the Coach.
Many happy and safe miles
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:53 AM   #10
iRV2 Marketing

It's looking like we have a UFO owner, wthomas1.

Please don't over look participating in the Workhorse Custom Chassis Motorhone Forum.

Please stop in and introduce yourself and welcome abaord!

Too anxious edited down to "one" owner.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I don't see Adventurer saying he bought it, just likes it ---- Am I missing some thing between the lines?????
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:48 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MikeT:
I don't see Adventurer saying he bought it, just likes it ---- Am I missing some thing between the lines????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the way I see it also.....Wthomas owns the first one on this forum, and Adventurer looked at it and likes it.....

Just trying to give credit where it is due, and it looks like wthomas is the WINNER!!!!
FrontRangeRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:17 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Driver is seeing little Workhorse's and getting excited.
"Everyone Goes Home"
depchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #14
iRV2 Marketing

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by depchief:
Driver is seeing little Workhorse's and getting excited. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Max49 is always saying that we don't have any UFO owners. So I guess that all fixed now.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #15
Winnie-Wise

We took a very short trip Labor Day weekend in the new Destination. The ride and handling are far superior to our old Southwind. Power seems to be as good or better than the Southwind, both have the 8.1 vortec motor.

Still trying to get all of our things stowed in the right location in the interior cabinets. The exterior storage is working very well, in fact 4 items we used to store/carry inside are now stored outside in the pass through storage.

One of the hydraulic levelers developed a pretty big leak so I returned it for service on Wednesday 9-5. Dealer called today and informed me that the parts would not be available until 9-21. We are leaving for San Diego on 9-22 so that is a problem. A call to the sales department resulted in them expediting the parts and if that does not work they have agreed to take the necessary parts off another Destination on the lot.

Needless to say I am disappointed in Winnebago's first response.

Will keep you posted.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:31 PM   #16

Hello, Neighbor!

What Section are you in and did you buy your new Destination in Petaluma?

I just got a copy of the Winnebago 'Traveling Times' in the mail today, showing all the new 2008 models... the Destination 39W looks like a nice floor plan. Enjoy your new MH...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:01 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">One of the hydraulic levelers developed a pretty big leak so I returned it for service on Wednesday 9-5. Dealer called today and informed me that the parts would not be available until 9-21. We are leaving for San Diego on 9-22 so that is a problem. A call to the sales department resulted in them expediting the parts and if that does not work they have agreed to take the necessary parts off another Destination on the lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a suggestion but you might want to call HWH Corporation directly on the leaking leveler. They may be able to ship a replacement cylinder more quickly since they are the likely supplier...they also warrant their systems for 3 years.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 06:38 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

"What Section are you in and did you buy your new Destination in Petaluma?:

We live in "S" Section and bought in Petaluma.

"Just a suggestion but you might want to call HWH Corporation directly on the leaking leveler. They may be able to ship a replacement cylinder more quickly since they are the likely supplier...they also warrant their systems for 3 years."

I believe I saw that ATWOOD supplied the levelers or at least the controls for them.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 PM   #19
Winnie-Wise

Good News!

The dealer called today to tell me they got the parts over nighted and were installing then as we speak. I guess a little pressure does work, at least some of the time!

Perma Plate to be done tommorow so should have the MH back before the weekend. San Diego trip should be OK now. Will let you all know how a longer trip and a weeks use works out.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:47 PM   #20
Winnie-Wise

The dealer ended up replacing and rerouting the hydraulic hoses to both front jacks. Apparently the way they were originally routed caused them to chafe on the frame. Glad they found the problem and fixed it before we became stranded
on the road.