Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The "B" Team must have assembled my Adventurer

I was looking at the front of my Adventurer the other day noting how dirty it was...and I noticed that the front/side drivers side panel is very different than the passenger side...it looks like someone sawed off a piece of the panel...note the difference in the alignment of the two panels....I have had so many quality issues with this coach...very disappointing....another item to add to the list for Forest City...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000723.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	479.8 KB
ID:	88781   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000724.JPG
Views:	252
Size:	437.5 KB
ID:	88782  

MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:33 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I'm not defending WBGO, but I think you'll find the two panels are not identical and they are not "mounted" the same either. On mine, the driver side has integral steps and is therefore much more substantially attached. The passenger side is almost flimsily attached, and has come loose more than once.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
I'm not defending WBGO, but I think you'll find the two panels are not identical and they are not "mounted" the same either. On mine, the driver side has integral steps and is therefore much more substantially attached. The passenger side is almost flimsily attached, and has come loose more than once.
You can't see it in the picture I posted but the panel has been trimmed and is uneven and rough...the alignment is just awful...this is quality? Schlock!!
Old 03-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Here is a response from WGO:

Jim –

Our quality specifications list the acceptable gap between the wheel well panel and front end to be 8 ±3 mm. Your dealer may be able to adjust one or both panels so the gap is similar from side to side.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at 1-800-537-1885.

I measured 14 mm on the drivers side gap....way beyond then what the WGO spec call for! The panel will need to be replaced as it looks like someone used a band saw to trim it.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Consider too that the dealers delivery driver may have damaged the coach and they used a universal replacement panel that they had to trim in-house to fit. It could just be a sloppy repair by the dealer to cover up damage their driver caused.

Dealerships damage too many new coaches and do some pretty bad repairs slapping things back together. Sometimes it will be repaired by a salesman after he damaged the coach while moving it at an RV show.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:11 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

If it is original it should have a sticker containing the WGO part numbers.

If you get it to the factory for your 1 yr warranty items, my guess is they would replace it.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:33 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

What quality control.??

I'm not sure that WBGO has any quality control program in place at all. It has been 4 years since we took delivery of our 2011 Vista 35F and I am still repairing or replacing things, at my expense, that should have been caught at the factory. Their 1 year warranty is a joke as is the dealer I purchased it from. I have 18k miles on it, mostly to Florida and back in the winter, and every trip is an adventure. This is our 6th motor home, 4 of which were WBGO, and this Vista is, BY FAR, the absolute worst I have ever owned!!
TerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

MutinyGuy, I just when out and checked the gap on our coach and one side is 10.7mm and the other side is 10.5mm so I guess they are with in the spec's. No rough edges. Sounds like you are going back to Forest City that would be the best place to have it fixed.
I have found several places where things didn't fit and the assembler just did some rough cuts and left it.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:46 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Here is a close up of the panel in question...note the "clean" lines!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WGO PANEL.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	653.8 KB
ID:	88928  
Old 03-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutinyGuy View Post
Here is a close up of the panel in question...note the "clean" lines!!
I would send that picture to Winnebago!

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

MutinyGuy, I feel your pain! I have a lot less into my RV, as it's just a humble trailer, but I was lucky - it was a new line for Outdoors RV, and quality attention was pretty good. But this business of near enough is good enough is insidious, and pervades much of our society. I'm sure your manufacturer dearly wishes their staff was better motivated too. Everyone suffers. I'm an insurance broker, and one year my boss persuaded me that issuing certificates was a menial task, to be delegated to processing staff. I tried it for a year, and the following year I took the task back directly. I found that of the 55 certificates issued that last year, 53 of them contained mistakes. All of them from staff who weren't committed, and who did not understand that if you don't keep customers happy, you don't keep customers. (sigh). No easy answers. Just become handier, and as you fix things, you'll know they've been done right.....

Nick B
Nick B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
I would send that picture to Winnebago!
I did...here was there response:

Jim –

I forwarded your email to our Customer Service facility so they are aware of the issue.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at 1-800-537-1885.

Tags
vent