Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 09:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

The Adventurer is back

The Adventurer is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://winnebagoind.com/products/cl...rer/floorplans
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I am resisting opening the link. Please do not infect us with new RV fever.

It is bad enough that either direction we leave the house, we have to pass Freedom, La Mesa and Lazy Days.

Worse, SWMBO is addicted to Goin' RV on the boob tube.

Fair Winds and Following Seas

p.s. Is it nice? It is nice, isn't it?
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:32 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I'm confused. It appears to me that the Adventurer is identical to the same numeric model # Vista LX models, if one options the Vista LX with full body paint. What am I missing?

Edit to add:

I noticed that the 3 short length Adventurer models with standard 30 Amp service with 1 rooftop AC can be optioned with 50 Amp service and two rooftop units. That's nice.

I'm surprised that with Winnebago positioning this in the Facebook Live launch video as their top of the line gas powered Class A that they want to say is comparable to Winnebago DPs that they did not offer residential refrigerators in the short length models, and Truma on demand hot water heaters with instant hot water, or as an alternative a hot water recirc system on standard hot water heaters, so bathrooms and kitchens could have near instant hot water.

I suspect that they will stop making the Sightseer and Vista LX lines eventually as it seems that the Sightseer and Vista LX are redundant to the Adventurer.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Maybe there won't be a Vista and Vista LX line next year? That was a bit confusing. They announced a new class C on a Sprinter chassis, and some towable stuff today. More announcements tomorrow. Should be able to see what the whole lineup looks like after that.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:23 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

WELL, after watching the launch video and looking online and looking at the brochure I would like to change the title of this thread to the Adventurer name is back not the Adventurer coach as we new it.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #6
Site Team

Grant, I’m with you on this point. After watching the video tour of the new coaches I’m so happy I got a 2017 Adventurer and not a 2019.

The previous Adventurer truly was mid-level DP amenities in a gas MotorHome.

The “new” Adventurer is a nice gas MH but it’s no top of the line gas coach. Reading the limited details on the WBGO website it certainly seems that even the chassis has been reduced to 22k for the largest models.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Looks like the Sightseer is gone too, none on display in Elkhart I hear.

So Intent, Vista/Sunstar, Adventurer may be it for the gas lineup now? I feel like Winnebagos price increases over the years may have finally caught up to them? And I don't agree that the answer to the problem is to slap an expensive name on a cheap coach.

I'm not a Thor fan, but when you look over there, their gas lineup is expanding like crazy. They have a bunch of new models (new Entegra stuff, new super Cs, etc.).

Interesting times...

Old 09-26-2018, 04:24 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

It sure doesn't look like the adventurer that I would want to trade up to. It would have to have large outside compartment doors and hydraulic slides.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:16 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

If the Sightseer is gone, that means you will no longer be able to get a gas Class A with baggage type basement doors. Big bummer in my world. I think that type of setup really looks nice.

(And I should have said Jayco, not Entegra in my other post. I mixed up the two of them. Entegra is also expanding a lot.)

Old 09-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #10
Site Team

I posted on the WBGO Instagram post about the new Adventurer seeming to be more like a Vista LX and some from WBGO responded.

They said the things that made the new coach better were: corian countertops, the Versa driver’s sear and the Studio Loft bed.

I let it go at that, it’s their parade. But I wanted to say: Nothing really very significant. My Adventurer has Corian through out. The driver’s seat rotates just fine and I wouldn’t want the Studio Loft bed.

But where are the 24k and 26k chassis’s. The sliding dining table/buffet, the washer/dryer, the 3-door fridge and most important the fully ducted A/C system?
Old 09-26-2018, 05:32 PM   #11
Site Team

Newmar’s Canyon Star lineup is now the only true high level gas coach remaining. The new Entegra is just a Jayco in Entegra badging. And in my opinion the Open Road Tiffins just miss the mark. Very close though.

The last few years of the former Adventurer line up truly were mid-level DP coach features and interiors on a F53 chassis.
Old 09-27-2018, 12:56 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

I have to agree, very disappointed in the "NEW" Adventurer line. Also very glad to have my 2016. Hey, the price is much lower and it has a leash attachment. What more could you want.
Just wish my generator was on the drivers side. Our 2003 33V had it on the drivers side, because of the basement A/C on the passenger side. Much nicer BBQ with the generator on the away side from activities on awning side.
747Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 12:01 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Looks like you 2017 owners may have got the last of the good Adventurers.

In addition to what was already said,
No more frameless windows
Roof structure dropped to 4" from 6" (might explain ducting)
max fridge size is 2 dr 16 cf Samsung.

Other than the basement cabinetry, this lines up pretty close to the Forza build. Maybe the objective is everything out of FC is built the same.

I actually hope they never re-introduce the Journey or Tour now - I don't want the disappointment.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #14
Site Team

I spent some time reviewing the “NEW” 40-foot Forza and it’s more of the same. In fact it didn’t even look like it was all wood cabinet construction. And no fully ducted A/C either.

I don’t know if we’ll ever be in the market for a new RV again but it’s looking tough for Winnebago.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #15
Site Team

I couldn’t agree more! So glad I have a 2017!
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:43 AM   #16
Veteran & RV Owner

According to my sales guy at LazyDays in Tampa, Winnebago said the Adventurer was being repositioned in the lineup as it was too expensive and cutting into the diesel coach sales.
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:36 AM   #17
Site Team

I know it shouldn’t bug me so much, but the ads and website for the new Adventurer say: “The Adventurer is back and it’s better than ever!”

Just a plain falsehood used as a marketing line.

The down grading of the line could very well effect the resale value of our “real” Adventurers.
Old 10-19-2018, 02:11 PM   #18
MAC
Winnebago 38 Q

I bought one of the last 38Q's last year in mid November and could not be any happier!
The quality & layout for the money is superb! Many of us mid-western folks do not want diesels because we use our RV's in cold weather and don't want starting problems and jelling up issues, but we want the features of a higher end diesel. I think Winnebago is making a big mistake! The Adventure series were well thought out and refined over the years into great RVs.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:20 PM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Maybe an update for some. I was at a dealer this morning, the Sightseer is going away and the Adventurer will be its replacement for 2020. Winnebago will be start making the 2020 line soon.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:39 PM   #20
Site Team

The revised Adventurer came back last year. It was downgraded and not the same top of the gas line product. In fact, it seemed that they tried to sell the Sightseer at the same MSRP as the previous Adventurer.

About starting the 2020 builds soon. Usually WBGO starts the next model year in June or July.

So, I’m not at all sure that your dealer is fully up to date on this subject. Most dealers I talk to don’t have a clue about what models are coming or going or what the represent.

Tags
adventurer, vent