Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I am a newbie and have a couple questions about my Adventurer. It appears that the Charger is not working (house), but, I cannot find it. Anyone know where the Converter/Charger is located?
Secondly, the engine temp seems to get pretty hot when sitting at a red light. It appears that the electric fan is not coming on. It clearly is not coming on when the dash a/c is on. Can anyone tell me how to check the electric fan operation?
Also, I'm having to replace the front coil springs, even though it has only 50K miles. Is this a normal issue with these coaches (has the Chev P-30 chassis).
Thank you, Wayne.
Windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:54 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I am a newbie and have a couple questions about my Adventurer. It appears that the Charger is not working (house), but, I cannot find it. Anyone know where the Converter/Charger is located?
Secondly, the engine temp seems to get pretty hot when sitting at a red light. It appears that the electric fan is not coming on. It clearly is not coming on when the dash a/c is on. Can anyone tell me how to check the electric fan operation?
Also, I'm having to replace the front coil springs, even though it has only 50K miles. Is this a normal issue with these coaches (has the Chev P-30 chassis).
Thank you, Wayne.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Wayne - welcome to the forum. You'll find lots of helpful folks here.

I don't have any experience with the P-30 chassis, so I can't help you there.

The converter/charger is typically under the fridge, but it does vary with floorplans. Best bet is to click on the Winnebago logo at the top of this page, then click on "Resources", "Manuals and Diagrams", then "Wiring Diagrams", your year and model. This will get you a list of PDF files that shows all your wiring. Pick the one that says something like - body, 12v wiring installation. You should find it's location in that PDF.

Good luck...
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I Have a 1999 and the Converter/Charger is under the Drawers next to the oven.

Tcloud

https://irv2.com/photopost/data/2/1029VAC_2004_4_139-thumb.jpg
Tcloud7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Mine too is located under the drawer below the oven. Look at the kick panel under the cabinets, there is also a screen for ventalation under there. When it is running I can hear a low hum and feel warm air coming from the vent.

As for the front end. Make sure you have sufficient air pressure in the front air bags. If that does help, you can get replacement springs that don't need the air bags. Have you checked to make sure the shocks are also good?
Kazoo Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Wayne,

Welcome to the forum . I had a 97 Adventurer before my current rig and it was a fine coach.

As others have indicated, the converter/charger is under the galley...probably under the fridge. Mine had a removeable panel under the fridge for access to the converter.

Suggest you consider using the Super Coils if you replace the coil springs. Sagging front ends is a common problem in the P-32 chassis and the air bags are not great to begin with. The super coils will replace the springs and bags and you won't have to worry about keeping air in bags.

Finally, you probably have the 454 engine in that coach which does not have an electric cooling fan but a belt driven radiator fan with a clutch. If you are running hot at idle, suggest you have the cooling system checked thoroughly, including the radiator.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 06:43 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you all so much for the help. I did find the Converter under the drawers in the kitchen as you indicated. Problem is this: While the Converter does run my 12 volt house items, it does not seem to be charging the batteries. Even more surprising is when the coach is unplugged, the house seems to be drawing power from my engine battery instead of the two deep cycle house batteries. Any ideas?