Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The surround sound on my 04 Meridian works great except when using satellite TV. On broadcast TV, radio, and VCR it is fine. When using satellite the rear speakers are extremely low in volume. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 08-03-2005, 12:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The surround sound on my 04 Meridian works great except when using satellite TV. On broadcast TV, radio, and VCR it is fine. When using satellite the rear speakers are extremely low in volume. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum!

I believe that the QSurround is fed from the TV audio output. It is been a while since I dug into the entertainment wiring on my coach, but that's my recollection. I also have noticed that the QSurround sounds fairly decent from my XM radio which is plugged into the aux input of the RV Radio (dash radio), but the TV sound is fairly anemic.

Try different audio options in the TV and see if that makes a different. Some TVs have a faux surround sound option that might not work well with QSurround.

Some of us on the forum think the solution to QSurround is to replace it with a real 5.1 Dolby amp.

--John

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Check the AUDIO settings in your satellite receiver setup.
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

RV radio aux input. M 2004 Winn Vectra 40AD also has this "RV Radio" But was unaware of an aux input. Would also like to connect my XM radio to it. Can you give any details?
Thanks,
Vern in Duvall, Wa..

2004 Vectra 40 AD Cummins 350 W/Banks power package
2004 PT Cruiser, GT, Turbo, w/5 speed
Blue Ox Avanta 3 & Blue Ox tow plate W/Brake Buddy
Good Sam, long time Thousand Trails, & considering FMCA
Old 08-04-2005, 09:18 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Pull the radio out of the dash and you will find a set of RCA plugs on a wire extending from the rear of the radio. This is the AUX input. To get the radio out you need the looped wires to poke in the holes on each side of the radio faceplate. These wires were in my data bag.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:34 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Catpowered,
Quote:The surround sound on my 04 Meridian works great except when using satellite TV. On broadcast TV, radio, and VCR it is fine. When using satellite the rear speakers are extremely low in volume. Has anyone else noticed this?

I experienced the same situation. After several discussions with WI customer service (ho help whatsoever) and RiverPark, the suppliers (some understanding but no help) I tried substituting the satellite receiver from a friend's coach whose Q-surround is identical to mine and to my surprise the system worked as advertised. The difference is that the older satellite receivers don't have surround sound 5.1 like the newer ones do. In my case, the satellite receiver was just too old whereas \my friends was at least 2 years newer. I have since found that to be the case in discussions with a professional audio/video installer. So, you may have to up grade you receiver. Hope this works for you.
kellysrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 12:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I think kellysrv is correct, my receiver is several years old but in addition I have it connected to the TV with only the one RF coaxial cable. I am sure I need the right and left channel audio input cables connected to get the surround sound. I haven't figured out how to remove the TV for access to the rear panel yet.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:06 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Aux input for "RV Radio". After pulling the unit from the dash I DID NOT find any aux connection. I did find that unlike other units I have worked on the multi pin connector & antenna where not secured to the dash caseing. Had to pull the top of dash loose to reconnect.Not a bad job as have had it open before to add more 12VDC jacks.

Vern in Duvall, Wa..

2004 Vectra 40 AD Cummins 350 W/Banks power package
2004 PT Cruiser, GT, Turbo, w/5 speed
Blue Ox Avanta 3 & Blue Ox tow plate W/Brake Buddy
Good Sam, long time Thousand Trails, & considering FMCA