Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2016, 05:16 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sunstar Itasca window noise

We are new to this forum. We just purchased a 2010 Sunstar and on our first road trip we were bothered by air noise. The windows are not tight and no way of locking the two windows together to prevent the air coming in. Any tips, suggestions on what to do? Thanks!
SBSdps1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:59 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Which windows are you talking about, the driver and passenger side windows?
IF so what I have found is that you need to make sure they are really fastened also make sure that you crack a window or roof vent somewhere in the MH due to pressure build up. Sometimes you actually have to close all of the vents and windows due to pressure or vacuum around the MH. If you run the AC or the Vent fan you will build pressure.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your reply. It is both windows and they are latched which keeps them from opening but the latches do not keep them from creating an air gap.
SBSdps1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBSdps1951 View Post
2010 Sunstar and on our first road trip we were bothered by air noise. The windows are not tight and no way of locking the two windows together to prevent the air coming in. Any tips, suggestions on what to do? Thanks!
On our Vista (not sure if your windows are the same), the thumb latch has a cam that locks into a slot in the fixed window portion. If the cam is not aligned exactly with the slot, the two window sections are actually forced apart and a loud whistle is created.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:26 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBSdps1951 View Post
We are new to this forum. We just purchased a 2010 Sunstar and on our first road trip we were bothered by air noise. The windows are not tight and no way of locking the two windows together to prevent the air coming in. Any tips, suggestions on what to do? Thanks!
In 2014 we purchased a new Sunstar 27N, class A. We had the same problem. Both driver and passenger windows WOULD NOT STAY LATCHED and would open while driving. Dealer contacted Winnebago and they recommended replacing BOTH windows. MH was under warranty but it was in the shop for quite some time.

Chuck K
kayserc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 04:08 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Our vista 26 HE had the same wind noise. There are weep holes at the bottom of the windows on the outside. I cover them with electrical tape. That elimates the noise as long as the windows are latched correctly. I have read sites that talk about weep hole covers, but I have yet to get any. Try the tape and see if that helps.
rottenkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have weep hole covers on the drivers and pass. windows of my 2015 Sunova, one was missing and caused quite a bit of road noise. The dealer I bought it from just recently, LaMesa, sent me a couple and that made a huge difference. They are about 6 in long, maybe 1/2 in wide and click into the holes. Come in black or white. Look to see if you are missing one if so contact your dealer.
opbart1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, noise, window