Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Sunstar inverter

I've got a 2018 Sunstar 29VE with the original Xantrex Pro XM 1000 inverter. I like the remote control panel that's inside to turn it on/off and a display to see battery voltage or current and output power. I also like the automatic transfer switch to supply shore power to those outlets on the inverter output when the inverter is off.

But I'd like to upgrade the power to something close to 2000W to power the microwave or coffee maker in the morning. I'm thinking as long as I'm doing the upgrade to get a pure sine wave inverter.

So a couple of questions.
Is it worth going to pure sine wave for use with the microwave?
If you have you done an upgrade, what brand/model did you buy, why, are you happy? Was it difficult to swap it out? Any other comments/advice?

Thanks for the help.
Ed
edju is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter