Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2015, 08:19 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sunova Info

We were visiting CW yesterday to look at a Bounder 35K and the Vistas and started looking at the Sunova, which had every thing we need. After looking at the Winnebago web site not sure I understand what the differences between the Vista and Sunova. Obviously we could see differences but it may have been the build selections. Anyway, in general what is the difference?
Galena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 11:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Virtually nothing other tan some interior colors and some paint jobs.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoo View Post
Virtually nothing other tan some interior colors and some paint jobs.
X2. Diff is pretty much the names.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We bought our Sunova in 2008 before Vistas came out, but I seriously doubt Winnebago could justify the $20-30k difference based solelyvon color selection. You may want to call Winnebago and ask. They've always been very good about answering questions. As far as the general differences amongst all gas motorhomes it's easy to state there isn't much difference since they all use the same chassis, furniture, and appliances, but I can assure you there is a difference. JMHO.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galena View Post
We were visiting CW yesterday to look at a Bounder 35K and the Vistas and started looking at the Sunova, which had every thing we need. After looking at the Winnebago web site not sure I understand what the differences between the Vista and Sunova. Obviously we could see differences but it may have been the build selections. Anyway, in general what is the difference?
I would download the brochures and print them off, then put them side-by-side. Pay close attention to the optional items. The Sunova has a lot of standard features that are add-on options for the Vista.

The Vista has seven length selections ranging from 27' to 37'. The Sunova only has four length selections ranging from 31' to 37'. The Vista comes standard with vinyl graphics whereas the Sunova has full-body paint as standard.

Comparing apples to apples, the Itasca Sunova is the same as the Winnebago Sightseer. The Itasca Sunstar is the same as the Winnebago Vista.
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:33 PM   #6
Site Team

The lone increases in features and quality as you go from sunstar to sunova to suncruiser. As suggested, a close inspection of the specs will show you where. Whether those features are worth it is a personal choice. I currently have a sunstar, but plan on trading up to a suncruiser as I get closer to retirement.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:00 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I made a mistake. The Itasca and Winnebago are the same for the most part however the Vista is compared to Sunstar not Sunova. I have had both Vista and Sightseer. Sightseer has more features and the Adventurer is another step up so find the right models to do apples to apples comparison. I have noted some small differences in terms of color options on the interior. I found a package on the Winnebago that was standard that on the Itasca would have been a change costing a bit more money.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote