Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Sunova 35J LCD question

We have been enjoying our 08 Sunova 35 J now for almost 4 months. In ours the LCD TV is mounted on the passenger side above the barrel chair. This is great for the kids to watch a movie while on the road, but since the DVD player is built into the dash radio I have to listen to the movie as well. I was hoping to plug a separate DVD player into the TV, but I can't access the back of the TV where the connections are. I can't even figure out how to remove the TV to get behind it. Does anyone have ideas how I can get access to the back of the TV?
mrb604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Welcome aboard! Glad to have another 35J owner amongst us. It is a great coach. I didn't mean to leave you hanging out here without any responses. We have the same coach but our TV is a later 2008 version with the TV front mounted so may be different. The way ours is removed is with two screws that can be seen on the bottom backside of the TV. Once they are removed I could lift my TV up off the bracket. If the same, the TV just hangs on a "V" type bracket at the top with the bottom being the only screwed in portion. Hope this helps.

There are a ton of 35J owners in this forum that typically jump on this stuff, but it seems like a lot of folks have disappeared after the major change this forum just went through.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Emmmw,
I was beginning to wonder if there were any 35J owners out there. I will take a look this weekend and see if my TV is mounted like yours. We actually like it better on the side wall then mounted in the front because the kids can easily watch it while we are on the road. I also like having it directly across from the sofa. I only wish it were a little bigger. I was surprised to see Winnebago changed the TV back to front mounted. Do any other 35J owners have the side mounted TV?
mrb604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 35J, but also have the front mounted TV.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

mrb604, There are a ton of 35J owners in here. At one point last year there was talk of a 35J rally. There were a few with the side-mounted TVs, but I can't recall who and the one guy that knows just about everything about 35Js just went to Mexico and is off line right now. You may also want to check the IRV2.com (http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/community/) forum. There are a bunch of 35J guys over there too. Good luck and don't be a stranger.
emmmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

35J owner here too, front mount though.

However most of the time this issues comes up with RVs it said to firmly lift the TV straight up. Usually they are mounted by dropping them down on the brackets. If still in doubt call Winnebago they should be able to help you out very quickly.

Good luck!
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

I'm the gone to Mexico J guy...and, might add,the J is doing great SOB.

IMHO, that TV is just too small for that size living area. Ours was mounted up front. I removed it and replaced it with a 32" LCD. From looking at the wiring diagrams, even with a side mount, you could probably put a big one up front since all the wiring originates in the right overhead compartment.

We moved the small TV to the bedroom. Took that 50# TV out and replaced it with the one from up front. Very happy with this setup though I do need to get son-in-law to help trip it out for me. That also frees up some storage area where the heavy/deep TV used to be.