Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Our bedroom 20-inch tv smoked itself and I have removed so many screws from the trim woodwork that I think taking out one more will collapse the whole thing onto the floor. However, I need to get the TV out to replace it.

Is there some trick or clue needed or special tool?
Old 07-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Our bedroom 20-inch tv smoked itself and I have removed so many screws from the trim woodwork that I think taking out one more will collapse the whole thing onto the floor. However, I need to get the TV out to replace it.

Is there some trick or clue needed or special tool?
Old 07-15-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have searched this forum and read many rear TV removal threads . . . sounds like it will continue to be a daunting task so, if any one has successfully done this in a Suncruiser 38J please share your tips with me.

Will no doubt have to replace the TV so doubless mountng a new one will be another exciting task.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I havn't removed mine, but I did loosen it up. There is a steel bracket that goes around the top of the TV that is attatched by a couple of screws that must be removed first and then remove the steel strap. Of course I don't have a 20"er in my bedroom. Good Luck.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:50 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Don't know if yours is like the 08 Sightseer but if it is I just learned via a PM from a regular on here.
You take the front trip plate off. Then you drop the panel under the TV that has a light mounted to it. Then you remove the curtain over that window....when you do, you will see a contraption that holds it all in. I have not done this yet...I gave up before removing the shade assembly, but that is the key. Again, this only applicable if it is like the 07-08 Sightseer. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:09 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Rockhouse - It would sure be nice to see photos of how you finally accomplish the mission. No doubt the rest of us will be replacing our antique sets in the not too distant future.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Got her out. All the surrounding wood trim was held in place by screws and glue. But nothing broke and could be reused IF there was an identical sized TV to stick in the hole.

Turns out that in this case the TV was held in by some glue . . . kinda sorta like caulk, in two places, one on the top and the other on the bottom of the tv. No strap and no evidene there ever was. The wood trim at the top front made the hole smaller than the TV to keep it from sliding out if the glue failed (which it had).

Photos are a good idea. I'll do that next week as I am off right now for a short trip, then we'll have to address what to do, and install, and how, as a permanent fix. Perhaps a nice cheap inexpensive low cost flat screen and, of course, digital.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rockhouse:
Photos are a good idea. I'll do that next week as I am off right now for a short trip, then we'll have to address what to do, and install, and how, as a permanent fix. Perhaps a nice cheap inexpensive low cost flat screen and, of course, digital. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Photos still coming, but first another update.

When camped we slipped into the city and found a digital 22-inch LCD that closely fits the hole and when we stuck it in place worked beautifully. Next is fastening it down and the trim. However, the jacks failed to retract, the slides slipped out after the loss of hydraulic pressure and the MH is back at the dealers for fixin.