Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Sun damaged fiberglass roof

My new to me Via was stored outside before I bought it and the roof is pretty faded, there is some peeling of a clear coat which I am not sure what it is. Should/could anything be done about this? The dark section is part of the stick on graphics and the light section is the actual fiberglass roof. This is our first fiberglass RV. Fortunately it will now be stored indoors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201030_160338.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	190.4 KB
ID:	175568   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201030_160344.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	175569  

Name:	20201030_160348.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	175570  
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:39 PM   #2

Since you live in Tuzson, AZ you are in luck. Only 3 hours away is Rocky Point that welcome RVers and has the best RV services I have ever found, all in one place, and you can camp in your RV on the beach while your very experienced RV-crew does the work.

My first visit was in June-2020 and I was so impressed with the RV services I received; after 2 months vacationing in Montana; I returned to Rocky Point in Sept-2020 for more paint and RV roof maintenance.

For more information on where to take your to this "RV Day Spa," while you vacation on the beach in Rocky Point, Puerto Penasco, MX ...at The Reef RV Park, just go to this thread and check post #20.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...od-359122.html

For more information on other body and paint services, plus RV systems and engine PM, you can checkout this thread:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ew-358003.html

bigb: For that front cap area with your lap sealant is cracked, you can either scrap it off and re-apply more lap sealant or you can get some 4" Eternabond White tape and that will be the last you ever have to worry about that.

Carlos and Pedro can do all this for you in Rocky Point, and I guarantee you will like their work and price! Just bring materials with you... except the paint. They have a Sherwin Williams store in Puerto Penasco and they use a very high quality clear coat.

Then you have your RV waxed, roof and sides and wheels for $250! ...And my guess is that you have never flushed your engine or changed out your HWH reservoir or your steering reservoir. Just check my other threads for tips on these maintenance items and you can work with Oscar, or you can just let him go to town. (It all depends on how much you what to learn about your new rig.)

Note: Oscar even changed my basement AC Start capacitors and he can get them for you. Likewise, if you want to upgrade your Halogen headlights or buy house batteries at Sam's Club in Puerto Penasco, you can save money buying these items in town. (Assuming Sam's has your GC2-6V-Golf Cart batteries in stock for $65 each?) Note: You will need 4 interlinking battery cables that are 9" long. I recommend you get 3-red and 1-black. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Gauge-AWG-Bat...6QZ2HB2H1FXVQ5
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Rocky Point Map.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	175576   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200702_124413.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	312.6 KB
ID:	175577  

Name:	20200909_143502.jpg
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	175578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Map To The Reef At Rocky Point.jpg
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	175579  

Name:	1 The Reef RV Business Cards.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	313.1 KB
ID:	175580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocky Point Picture.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	112.2 KB
ID:	175581  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thanks for all the info! I did not know about those guys and I have spent a lot of time in Rocky Point and South of there, although never in an RV. Definitely an option to consider!
bigb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:48 PM   #4

Great!

Literally, I saved thousands by discovering The Reef thanks to a fellow forum member who PM me.

30 years ago I use to fly into Baja, but that was 30 years ago. And flying a small plane to airports seemed a lot safer then driving in to Mexico!

However, with Covid everywhere in the USA, and with all the campgrounds full over the summer, and after I discovered Puerto Penasco in the the so-called "Free Zone," I decided to give it a try. ...And I am so glad I did.

Visiting Rocky Point/Puerto Penasco was the highlight of my summer vacation and I'm already planning to return. Plus I normally would not set sail from Texas until May, I may now leave in February and head for The Reef or you can stay at another RV park closer to town.

There are 3 or 4 RV parks in Puerto Penasco. So RVing is a big deal in this town, and that explains why you can find a number of people making a good living working on RVs.

I was extremely happy with the attitude, depth of experience, and willingness to work with me when it came to performing RV maintenance, engine fluid changes, and body & paint!!!

You don't have to stay at Rocky Point to receive RV services, but I enjoyed it there. The park is more spacious, borders the ocean, has 50A power, internet, and I liked the 2 restaurants next to The Reaf. Plus the nightly rate is $26 including electricity and full hook-ups off the beach. And I believe the row along the beach is $50/night. Note: 10% off for 30+ days.

Note: When you receive services in the RV park, your service person has to pay the park 10%. So it's customary to tip 20% if you think you got excellent service.

And IMO, if you have a tow car... bring it! ...Get it detailed or painted. ...And with a tow car you can avoid a $15 one way taxi fee to town. Note: They charge $20 to return to The Reef often, because The Reef is outside of town.

This is probably why people like to stay close to town. I.e., they don't have a tow car. Note: Your liability insurance goes with the driver so you don't need two insurance policies. Just know your vehicle is not insured for collision... unless you want it, but frankly I would not worry. They drive very careful in Mexico.

The only think I would worry about is driving speed limit and stopping at the "ALTO" signs that are sometime, but not too often, hard to spot.

DEFINITELY... make the trip and enjoy the only place I know of that earns the title of being called an "RV Day Spa!"

Oh ya, there is a massage service offered outside your RV. So that's another plus. ...Picture this: Under your awning, on a portable massage table, while you look at the ocean, you can get a massage for $.

I don't know what they charge, because I missed out on this option on my last visit, but I won't miss out on my next visit I assure you!
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof