Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-21-2022, 11:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Summer Trip Delayed - Part Search

I'm seeking the 5" 4in1 gauge (oil/water/air) for my 2013 Journey 36M. P/N W22-00013-022. No stock. Freightliner is quoting me months-delay & $$$. Used is fine. Thx
LeslieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 08:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Would this work??

Or this one?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 12:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. Though I located a new made-to-break Freightliner $600 guage.

I'm often reminded of the RV industry's poor product quality, terrible aftermarket parts support & poor customer service of long-term owners. When compared to somewhat similar industries (e.g. autos, boats, airplanes, etc) its at the bottom. Hard to believe but a Ferrari is easier, less costly and more pleasant to service than an RV. How can a product be so poorly built and supported?

My Next RV (a big IF) Newell or Winnebao - I'll gladly pay $ list BUT: 200K mile warranty bumper-to-bumper. No warranty disputes. No NLA excuses. No "please wait for the next available operator". No next-month scheduling. No read-the-fine-print. Just "Yes" and "No Problem". You sell it. You own it. Call me when its ready.

Old 06-21-2022, 01:21 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieC View Post
My Next RV (a big IF) Newell or Winnebao - I'll gladly pay $ list BUT: 200K mile warranty bumper-to-bumper. No warranty disputes. No NLA excuses. No "please wait for the next available operator". No next-month scheduling. No read-the-fine-print. Just "Yes" and "No Problem". You sell it. You own it. Call me when its ready.
So, in other words you are never going to buy another RV.

Because, you will never find anything remotely similar to the deal you describe above, at any price, from any seller.

Even if you buy a $2m Newell or Prevost they will never warranty nor support the coach as you are dreaming of in your quote above.
Old 06-21-2022, 01:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

You're likely correct.

Life's too short. No need to "own" the RV Industry's problems.

Call me when its ready.

https://gossrv.com/coaches
Old 06-21-2022, 02:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I sense a definite lack of experience!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:56 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I sense a definite lack of experience!

Quite the contrary, I think.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Wyocamper you're correct.

It's just that not everyone's expectations for quality and service mesh with what the RV Industry sells.

Talk to RV'ers. Invariably the discussion turns to breakdown stories, repairs, aftermarket support, made-to-break parts, and poor customer service. A large spare parts kit as standard equipment in a 2022 DP should raise eyebrows. But that's just me.
Old 06-21-2022, 06:58 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieC View Post
A large spare parts kit as standard equipment in a 2022 DP should raise eyebrows. But that's just me.
There is today's reality and what we'd all wish was different. All of us have raised our eyebrows past our foreheads, but that doesn't change today's reality.

If you can change it, by all means do so. Otherwise, we have to accept things as they are, or not buy a new RV. Feel free to choose to not buy a new RV. But I think there are plenty out there that will just go ahead and buy one anyway and nothing will really change.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:14 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

"Hard to believe but a Ferrari is easier, less costly and more pleasant to service than an RV."
Have you ever owned and serviced a Ferrari?
Here is a used tach for you, only $3,199.00. I'll make the case that Ferrari parts are not less expensive then motor home parts.

I don't know if the Freightliner delivery is an issue because of the numerous supply issues we currently have, but I would bet that it is. That part appears to be electronic, and many electronic items are long delivery because of world wide chip shortages.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:08 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Yes BarryLS, I'm an owner and familiar with costs and the ownership-experience.

With a few clicks I can purchase everything from a driveshaft to a key fob. The factory provides its customers with detailed engineering drawings and part numbers for almost every part for every car ever produced. Fair prices, fast shipping, and no supply-chain issues. Easy Peezy. Mercedes does the same. RV owners just need to demand better.

Here, test-drive Ferrari for yourself (btw check out their $350 "new" OEM tachs). Then click into Winnebago's 3D Service Parts Lookup. Better, call Winnebago Customer Care - but just not at 12:01 CST - because that's lunch time.

https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/

https://ferrariphiladelphia.com/store/parts/
Old 06-28-2022, 02:34 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

RV'ers: Demand Better or Lower Expectation

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/unb...ws-583864.html
Old 06-28-2022, 02:59 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

"Yes BarryLS, I'm an owner and familiar with costs and the ownership-experience."

Then you know that the cost of parts is very, very high. They are not inexpensive cars to own or service. I manage all my own cars including Mercedes but never a Ferrari. You really can't use them so I don't own one even though I like them. I've raced cars for many years because on the track you can use them. In any event they are nice, but expensive cars.

Your original complaint was delivery and price. The price for that gauge is high, but not out of line with lots of other items from dealers, like Ferrari parts that are much higher. As for delivery, just to be clear, electronic parts we used to get off the shelf or one week delivery are now often 18-25 weeks, and I purchase a lot of electronic parts. Anything with a chip in it is subject to issues and Ferrari isn't immune to this.

That's the way it is when you shut down the entire world.

That linked thread has exactly zero to do with your 9 year old motor home.