Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know how to disassemble the front enclosures so that I can see how the tv is held in place? The tv or some bracket holding it squeaks like crazy everytime I drive over rough roads...any help is appreciated...

duh...I think I found the answer couple of posts ago...sorry...
Old 04-04-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Does anyone know how to disassemble the front enclosures so that I can see how the tv is held in place? The tv or some bracket holding it squeaks like crazy everytime I drive over rough roads...any help is appreciated...

duh...I think I found the answer couple of posts ago...sorry...
Old 04-04-2005, 06:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

LandHo...where'd you find your answer about your squeaky tv...We have a horrible squeak in our tv every trip. Doesn't matter what kind of road...it squeaks all the time. Would love to know the solution.

Thanks.
Jeanne M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Had the same problem on my rig.

Do a search for "TV Rattle" or you can take a look HERE for more info.
Horsepowerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 04:55 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I had a 2003 Suncruiser. There are 6 philips head screws holding the front bezel in. 3 are in the left side cabinet and 3 are in the right side cabinet. I don't recall if there were any screws on the bottom of the bezel but, if there are, you'll see them. Remove these screws and the bezel will pull off, exposing the TV and mounting mechanism.

The TV just sets on some foam pads but there is a flat metal strap that runs over the top to hold it down. There are two 3/8" bolts, one on each side, that you tighten to apply pressure and keep it from moving. If they are loose, tighten them up. If you have squeaking and they appeartight, add some felt or whatever around the strap to deaden the noise.

Do not over torque the straps or you can break the ears off. If they bend a little bit, that's OK. If they bend a lot, you're in danger of having them break off some day and then you'll find the that the TV no longer squeaks because it's laying on the floor.
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #6
rg
Winnebago Camper

Make sure to Loctite those bolts or they will come loose again.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:07 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I found loosening the band and then placing rubber like a old mouse pad cut to fit under the band on the corners got rid of the rattles and squeaks. Tighten the band just enough to compress the rubber about 1/2 it's thickness. I also placed the same type rubber under the rear of the TV nearest the windshield helped. Ours no longer rattles or squeaks even on rough roads.

2000 Itasca 35U
N8XV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:32 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I have had the same problem and the aforementioned methods to stifle the squeak is the way to go. I have tried loctite and various other metho, but I found out about every 4-5 thousand miles I have to tighten the strap. It becomes routine and I actually enjoy getting the squeak fixed...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 03:36 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Well I'll tell you what I did. On my 2003 brave the TV bezel is plastic or vinyl. It has two or three screws in the bottom. I found that by loosening the screws a little the squeak went away. I think overtightening the screws caused the bezel to warp and rub on the side of the TV. No more squeaks. I have read all the posts about completely removing the bezel and putting insulation around the brackets. I took the easy way out.

Pete B is offline   Reply With Quote