Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2019, 05:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Squeaky Bathroom Faucet Handles

I'm interested in hearing what others have done to decrease the squeakiness of their plastic bathroom faucet handles. My wife has charged me with fixing this and I thought it would be a simple task of re-tightening the set screw but that didn't do it. Neither did spaying some PTFE in there. Does anyone else have any solutions or potential solutions?
GearJerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Just kind of guessing here that like metal faucets, plastic ones need a bit of lubrication too. I think I'd partially disassemble the faucets (just remove the stems and smear a little water proof grease on them where the stem goes through the bonnet that holds the stem on the faucet body). Home Depot and Lowes sell that grease in small containers. Just be sure you get the waterproof variety or it will soon wash off. Re-assemble everything and it should be squeak free and stay that way for quite a while.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:26 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearJerker View Post
I'm interested in hearing what others have done to decrease the squeakiness of their plastic bathroom faucet handles. My wife has charged me with fixing this and I thought it would be a simple task of re-tightening the set screw but that didn't do it. Neither did spaying some PTFE in there. Does anyone else have any solutions or potential solutions?
Man, if you own an RV and the only thing on your wife list is a squeaky faucet you are the luckiest man on this forum. You don't won't "grease". I think the previous poster was probably referring to silicon in a semi grease like state. Or you could do like I did with the cheesy kitchen faucet and bath faucet and replace them with residential faucets. Ours didn't squeak, but they were cheap minimally functional.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote