Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2022, 09:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Some Decals - Looks horrible! Why?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand why some decals get discolored, while others look brand new. My 2016 SunStar LX 35F is store indoors, so any sun damage is only for part of the year. The same-colored decals (PEARL/DIAMOND Mid and upper Sweeps), no matter where on the coach they are located are all severely discolored or cracking. Makes no sense, why these are all bad, while the other decals look great? I love this RV, but this should not be happening on a 6-year-old coach!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2602.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	539.7 KB
ID:	183851   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2471.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	183852  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2469.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	178.7 KB
ID:	183853  
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Depending on wherethat part time might be?
We had a major problem with the sun side going bad here near the hubs of hades!
Do you maybe get lots of reflected heat from the pavement I see as a way to make it much hotter?

Sun is a real killer!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:01 AM   #3
CO Sunova Owner

Decals

I had a 2013 Winnebago Vista (same as Sunstar). I had the same issue. Winnebago wouldn't attempt to help me but they gave me the name of the company if I wanted to deal with them. I called and they wouldn't help. I ended up going to a reputable RV paint shop nearby and they removed and painted new markings. It was pricey but it'll last a long time.

Bottomline: Winnebago puts cheap decals on which look great when they are new but crack and fade just due to short time.

I now have a 2017 Sunova which has manufacture painted markings and they will last a long time.
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

My option is that Winnebago does a lousy job standing behind their quality control! We as Winnebago owners are ambassadors to the brand. And when we care and take care of our coaches, following their own recommendations, they at the very least should share in the retribution needed to support us owners. I’m not sure is if my next coach would be a another Winnebago if they refuse to stand by their products. I also had a serious issues with a plastic piece of the same black tank where during manufacturing the plastic piece of the tank that was cut into the tank was simple dropped into the tank and got stuck in the macerator pump. Cost me about $500 to get fixed. Their mission statement does not care about consumers when they create the issue and are well aware of the imitate problem it will create and simple look the other way.
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 06:46 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Good news is if you're willing to head to Mexico (not right now, kinda dicey down there with the drug lords), you can get those decals carefully removed, and painted the colors of your choice very inexpensively and with high skill. I've saved literally thousands having it done in Mazatlan, San Felipe, and Los Algodones. Plus I get a Pina Colada on the beach.

Oh, and the reason is the different colors they use. Some are more sensitive then others.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote