Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2022, 07:17 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slow Slide on 2005 Vectra 40AD

I have a 2005 Vectra 40AD, the last few times I have put the left slide in I have noticed that when it starts UP it is very slow. Just when I think it not going to make it, it starts in. Anyone ever have this issue and what was the problem?
Thank you
Dwmooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Could be a lot of things, let's start with the obvious and easiest. Your HWH system runs off the chassis batteries and uses hydraulics to move the slide in and out. Does it make a difference if you try moving the slide with the engine running (more power to the slideout system.) Next, have you check your fluid level? Checking the HWH manual, you should check the level with the jacks up and 1 room extended, 2 retracted. See your HWH manual for info. If you have never done it, you can easily access the HWH tank from your entry steps... there is a nut at the front under your middle 2 steps right under the lip which unscrews, then the whole step hinges upward.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide