Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2021, 01:18 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Some threads I've read suggest running a ground wire of sufficient size to the pump and forget about the mounting bolt ground connection.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 10:47 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

slideouts

Anymore ideas after my last post
McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Let's be sure I'm getting what you are saying right?
You are speaking of the big lugs on the solenoid on the hydraulic pump motor, correct?
If you are getting 12 volts at one side and then when pushing the slide switch, that power appears at the other side, it is normally saying the solenoid is working correctly as it is closing the "switch" inside of the solenoid body

But the motor is not trying to turn?
The other part of the circuit has to give the power from the battery a ways to get to ground and it may be that is not good. It sounds like you are very close to the problem but it may still take some really close looking. From where the power comes out on the second side, there has to be some good path through the motor and to ground. The frame of the RV is often used as that ground, so if there is a wire, check the end of that wire is clean and connected well but also look at the bolts holding the pump and motor to the metal of the RV as they often use those bolts to make the path to ground!

I drew this little sketch to show what I think you are getting. Not exactly correct on where all the wires go but the idea is that power has to have a full circle or "circuit" to work and you are saying the power is getting from the battery to the switch, the switch is making it pass on through the solenoid like the green line but for some reason the red portion of the line is not working as the motor is not trying to turn.

It is "possible" that the motor is burned out, the pump is seized/stuck and won't turn or really bad things but more likely the path from the solenoid on through to the motor and then back to ground is not good!

A way to test is to take the big cable/wire from the motor to the solenoid off and test the end of that cable looking for ground. I suspect it will not show ground there and that is what you need to find out why!!

Maybe the bolts on the pump are greasy and dirty? Aren't they always greasy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pump power.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	180998  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

You could try a jumper cable from a clean bolt on your chassis to one on the pump and see if that works by completing the ground circuit.
Old 10-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
You could try a jumper cable from a clean bolt on your chassis to one on the pump and see if that works by completing the ground circuit.
Yes, this is a good suggestion as a test if one doesn't see anything obvious on grounding the motor.
A set of jumper cables connected to good clean spots using just one cable from the motor to the frame can be a good quick way to verify that grounding is the problem!

Usually any part of the metal of the motor and metal frame are good to use. Clean enough to make good contact is important as things tend to be grimy under there.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

slideouts

Going to test now Thank you
Old 10-06-2021, 05:47 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

slideouts

Have tired everything, so I think the pump is bad Comments, PLEASE
Old 10-07-2021, 11:20 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

slideouts

Again have tested everything you all have suggested, I'm thinking it is the pump YOUR thoughts, PLEASE
Old 10-07-2021, 01:37 PM   #29
Site Team

All I can say is that it sounds to me that you are jumping to conclusions. What about the control board(s)?

It could be as simple as the parking brake sensor.

Why must it be the pump?

What did the slide/leveler manufacture say when you called their tech support? I don't think it's wise to neglect to call them to discuss your issue.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:47 PM   #30
Winnebago Camper

I will call the tech support at Winnebago I had called earlier to try to get a service manual and they said they don't have them. anyone know where I can get one for a 2000 ?
But I will look up tech support number an call
Old 10-07-2021, 02:02 PM   #31
Site Team

Sorry, but... they don't have "Service Manuals" for any of their products. These do not exist.

I surely wouldn't call Winnebago. They won't have a clue. Call the manufacturer of the slideout/levelers. I "guess" that's HWH but you haven't gone on record with the manufacturer yet, have you? If you have I missed it. Sorry.

So, on your leveler control panel it will have the name of the manufacturer - heck, so will the Operator's Manual. That's who you want to call.

Winnebago installs a lot of different systems in different RVs over the past 20+ years. They are guaranteed to know zero about what you have or how it's installed.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Sorry, but... they don't have "Service Manuals" for any of their products. These do not exist.

I surely wouldn't call Winnebago. They won't have a clue. Call the manufacturer of the slideout/levelers. I "guess" that's HWH but you haven't gone on record with the manufacturer yet, have you? If you have I missed it. Sorry.

So, on your leveler control panel it will have the name of the manufacturer - heck, so will the Operator's Manual. That's who you want to call.

Winnebago installs a lot of different systems in different RVs over the past 20+ years. They are guaranteed to know zero about what you have or how it's installed.
It's an HWH.
Old 10-07-2021, 06:51 PM   #33
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
Again have tested everything you all have suggested, I'm thinking it is the pump YOUR thoughts, PLEASE
I know you're anxious to solve this but sometimes it's going to be a few days for us to get back to you and I'm sure Morich will respond soon. My suggestion is that you wait for him rather than charge off in too many different directions based on other's suggestions. The posters may or may not have followed your thread step-by-step. Morich is an expert at troubleshooting and it's best to proceed step-by-step and not adopt a "shotgun" approach.

Others have suggested the control boards, etc. but you previously said you had power on both sides of the solenoids and they're engaging when you activate the extend/retract switch so that indicates to me that the control systems and the parking brake sensor are probably working OK.

It could be the pump, but, personally I'd wait for Morich to chime in. In the meantime, are you sure you've identified and tested any inline fuses in the wires leading to the pump assembly? It's best to check them for continuity with a multimeter and not just by visual inspection.
Old 10-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #34
Winnebago Camper

Frustrated
Old 10-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Yes, checked with multimeter

Will find out what manufacturer it is HWH sounds familiar
Old 10-08-2021, 02:28 PM   #36
Winnebago Camper

Called HWH and they will get back to us next week

Is front slideout and rear slideouts on same system? Or is back one possibly electric? The front one stopped working and the back one quite weeks later
Old 10-08-2021, 03:44 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:

Is front slideout and rear slideouts on same system? Or is back one possibly electric? The front one stopped working and the back one quite weeks later
Aren't your levelers out as well?
Old 10-08-2021, 09:28 PM   #38
Winnebago Master

Quote:

I would think that, if it's HWH, both slides and your jacks are on the same hydraulic system.

My understanding from your previous post is than both slides and jacks were non-operational.

You should also send a PM (private message) to azpete. He's an HWH employee and Winnieowner who's helped out several of us in the past. He's probably not seen your post but should respond to a PM. In your message point him to this thread so you don't have to spell everything out again. Here's a link to his profile: https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ete-13211.html
Old 10-10-2021, 12:39 PM   #39
Winnebago Camper

pump issue

I had this issue with an HWH system on my coach. I was getting power to the motor that drives the pump, but it would not run. I ended up Disconnecting everything and removed the motor. It was basically a starter motor for a car. Made in Slovakia, by the way. It looked brand new, I spun it and tapped it and when I put jumper cables to the positive and neg, it turned over! Put it back in and worked fine! Bought another to have as a spare, and never used it. If you can locate this motor on your hydraulic unit where all the hoses originate, check for power to it when you try the buttons to run jacks. If it is getting power, try tapping the motor with a rubber hammer or hammer and wooden block to see if you can jar it. If that doesn't work if you are able, remove the motor and any decent auto electrical service can rebuild that motor and get you running. Good luck
rebrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 01:32 PM   #40
Winnebago Master

And here's a Youtube video on fixing the motor's brushes.

Tags
slideout, slide