Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2023, 07:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide stuck out! 1999 Adventurer 35C

I have a 99 Winny Adventurer 35c.

2 years ago our HWH hydro slide mechanisms were leaking so they were replaced. Coincidentally, I think a year later I noticed one time the slide was hanging going in. Looked under the slide/above bins I saw a ton of plastic hanging out under the seal. Assuming this was it, I made a knife on a long pvc and cut 90% of it off. It closed.

Here we are again, with it stuck open months later. I tore the whole interior out, hoping it was the wood catching on the carpet. No such luck.

As you will see in the pics, this whole area is 90% inaccessible. I cannot see any wads of plastic in the way, but there are some scratches underneath on the bottom of the slide.

I don’t just want to get it in, I’d like to fix it.

Does anyone have any ideas or similar experiences. The binds are welded in, so there is no getting a closer look at anything besides the edges.

In the second image, can you take those bolts off of the slide to see if there is any movement? Currently, all it does is make the whining noise, and nothing moves.

I was thinking of a taking a long, flat piece of aluminum and running it up under the slide from the inside to try and see if there was anything stuck in between.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the novel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9876A41D-2E38-48F5-AEBE-2049AC7111C1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	185376   Click image for larger version

Name:	C3A96AF2-75D9-4CE6-86AA-67D0DFC0EA5D.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	247.5 KB
ID:	185377  

RVLikeIts-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 10:21 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would suggest contacting AZPete here on this forum or on iRV2 via PM. Send him a link to this thread. He's the helpful HWH expert...he works for them with permission but doesn't charge for helping here.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 07:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Great news, I wanted to give closure to this issue and help anyone else that might be stuck(haha I can laugh about it now) in the same situation. It turns out my retract solenoid was stuck, so that when it went to retract, the pressure was equalized, thus no movement. I woke up in the am ready for some MacGyver work, getting under the slide and looking for what was stuck under it like carpet or the plastic runners, etc, but after watching James's videos on a slide removal it sparked an idea. His RV repair videos are the absolute best, I've watched him take apart and rebuild all kinds of stuff, and i'm extremely grateful that his stuff is out there.

Here is part 2 of that series, but give a watch to any of his vids, he is an excellent resource!

Here is his YT channel https://www.youtube.com/@AZExpert

Check him out!

Here is the manual from HWH with the images of the solenoids. Mine was as it appears on here, the lower one was retract, upper extend.

https://hwhcorp.com/mp349490.pdf
RVLikeIts-99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, slide, adventurer