Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slide out problem

We arrived at the camp site today in our 2012 Tour 42QD. This has happened before but not this bad. After I levled I went to extend the slides and the LED light showing to engage the parking brake kept coming up. In the past I would release the brake and reset it and all was good but not this time. I reset the control, I turned off the power switch and I would still get the led showing set the parking brake. I went to the fuse box and switched the fuse for the parking brake with the one for the horn,(they are the same size and number) and all worked great. Are you thinking the fuse went Bad?

Ray
Raylc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:46 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Removing the fuse cut power to the brake system. That may have cleared a fault or caused something to reset. Next time it happens, removing the fuse and reinstalling would be my first step. I'll keep it in mind, just in case it ever happens to me.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out