Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2021, 09:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide Lock problem?

My 2008 Adventurer 38J with HWH hydraulic slide setup has sat since spring of 2020 due to Covid, and I now have an issue. The passenger side slide has crept out about 3" at the bottom and maybe 1" at the top. When I try to unlock the slide lock, the mechanism only runs for about one second instead of the usual 5 or 6 seconds for operation. My guess is that the slide lock can't release becouse it is "bound up" by the partially extended slide, and I can't pull the slide back in to "unbind" it. I am assuming there is some sort of safety mechanism that doesn't let pressure go to the rams unless the lock is "unlocked", as I can hear the overpressure relief valve squealing at the pump assembly. Other two slides unlock and work fine. Can I access the slide lock from inside to unbind it, or can I temporarily over-ride the lock/safety to permit me to pull the slide back in a bit to unbind the lock? Any suggestions on a way to get this resolved?
Old 07-13-2021, 07:35 AM   #2
Site Team

On my Adventurer when I cycle the lock it sounds like a screw is turning on top of the slide but I’ve never looked for it. I’ve seen threads somewhere on the lock motor failing and people manually activating it. But, I’m sorry I don’t remember where. I think it was IRV2.

Tags
slide