Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2020, 07:37 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Unhappy Slide Issue

I am having trouble on the road. The bedroom slide on my 2014 Sightseer 35G stopped working in the retracted position. We cannot access our bed or clothing. Very inconvenient. I cannot locate the slide controller. Does anyone know where it is located on this model?
Old 07-12-2020, 08:24 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Parts drawing shows "control-slideout-in wall" indicating it "might " be hidden but location shows above fuses/breakers at or near bottom under bed?
Perhaps find the fuses, find the controller just above?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide controller.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	174189  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

For a different view from outside looking down at the bed. Purple items are lights, Green is the inverter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	different view.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	174190  
Old 07-12-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks, Richard. The problem is I can't get to that area because the bed covers it when the slide is in. I'll take a look when we get our next campground in Medora ND.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:00 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

That seems to be a problem on several slides. The thing we need to get to to move the slide out is hidden until we get the slide out!
I guess that can give you something to think about on the long road?
Best of luck to you.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

On my ‘16 35g, due to a limit switch, the bed must be completely retracted so that the head is up in order for the slide to actuate. Anything other than completely ‘up’ and the slide ain’t moving.
Don’t know if the design is the same or not.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Sorry it took so long to get back to this post. After continuing to have issues with the slide I had a mobile RV tech come out. Turns out it was a defective bed limit switch. I had the tech bypass the switch for now. It has been working fine since. One note, the slide controller was under the bed near the head of the bed. Worst design/engineering I've ever seen. The tech had to remo bc e the base of the bed frame that holds the 12 volt and 110 circuit breakers, reach under the bed as far as he could, blindly remove 2 screws with an angled screwdriver, and pull the controller toward him far enough to access it. Took 2 hours at $125/hour. THANK YOU WINNEBAGO!
Old 10-06-2020, 05:23 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieB View Post
Sorry it took so long to get back to this post. After continuing to have issues with the slide I had a mobile RV tech come out. Turns out it was a defective bed limit switch. I had the tech bypass the switch for now. It has been working fine since. One note, the slide controller was under the bed near the head of the bed. Worst design/engineering I've ever seen. The tech had to remo bc e the base of the bed frame that holds the 12 volt and 110 circuit breakers, reach under the bed as far as he could, blindly remove 2 screws with an angled screwdriver, and pull the controller toward him far enough to access it. Took 2 hours at $125/hour. THANK YOU WINNEBAGO!
My Lippert controller recently failed, requiring me to push the reset/calibration button in order to move the bed. Interestingly, mine is located at the foot of the bed frame behind an easy access door. Replaced the unit and recalibrated the upper and lower limits in essentially 10 minutes. Apparently, Winnebago decided to make it accessible. The slide controller, by the way, is right beside it.
Old 10-06-2020, 06:21 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I got to thinking, I bought my Sightseer used. It's possible the previous owner had problems with the slide and the controller was moved, or the dud that installed the controller at the assembly plant was on vacation the day mine was assembled and the new dud placed the controller where he could find space.

Tags
slide