Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
Site Team

Sightseer and Sunova Discontinued

Maybe I missed the announcement, but on the WBGO website the Sightseer and Sunova are both down to dealer stock only and the 35' models of each are sold out.

Is this new or did I miss the announcement discontinuing those two Gas Class A motorhomes?
Old 03-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Maybe I missed the announcement, but on the WBGO website the Sightseer and Sunova are both down to dealer stock only and the 35' models of each are sold out.

Is this new or did I miss the announcement discontinuing those two Gas Class A motorhomes?
Interesting! I guess that completes the rebranding of their previous mid-line motorhomes, the Sunova and Sightseer, to become the high-line, the “new” Adventurer. They even came out with a new Adventurer model for next year that duplicates the floor plan of a previous Sunova. It seems the lineup will be the intent, Vista/Sunstar, and the Adventurer.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #3
Site Team

And only Horizon and Forza DPs.

One wonders with that weak line up if they'll continue to make Motorhomes in the future.

They sell so many B Vans and Sprinter C's that they've taken their eye off the Class A ball.

We would have never purchased a Winnebago Class A without fully ducted AC. They used to have 7 Class As with full ducting. Now... they have ONE - the Horizon.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

If this is true the "new" line-up starting prices are all well below the Sightseer/Sunova prices it seems to put a larger gap between the high end gas and the low end DP. Perhaps offering only units with the lower starting at prices will make them more competitive with the other manufacturers Class A gasers and the high prices of B's. I wonder how the downsizing and "Tiny RV" trend is going to affect the value of our current RV's as many of us still have a quite a few years of payments to go.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Thing is Bob, the "old" Adventurer was listed at $199K maybe even $201K and the Sightseer and Sunova were in the $165K or so price range. The minute they dropped the old Adventurer the Sight/Sun twins went to $199K. Great deal for WBGO if they can get it. Then the new less-nice Adventurer was introduced as "Better than ever" and priced at $152K.

Without the Sight/Sun twins the Adventurer is the highest priced Gas Class A. And it's cheaper than the new Boltd Class B! Though I see instead of $189K for the Boldt as announced previously they have a "TBD" price right now.

The last NEW Journey/Eclipse/Tour/Grand Tour DP was in 2018 and very few of those rare beasts are out there. I know there was talk about a 2018 Grand Tour being built in Oregon. But I don't know if there were any sold.

Lichtsinn RV in Forest City has a beautiful used 2018 Journey 40J with 1700 mi on it for $289,900. Someone needs to grab that thing.
Old 03-24-2019, 05:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Also, It looks like the Vista LX line is also down to dealer stock only.
haiduan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:19 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

IMHO a more limited number of names is a good thing. It took me forever to figure out if there was any difference between the Suncruiser and the Adventurer (which seems to vary by vintage). And that was only after I figured out the Itasca was, indeed, a Winniebago.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
IMHO a more limited number of names is a good thing. It took me forever to figure out if there was any difference between the Suncruiser and the Adventurer (which seems to vary by vintage). And that was only after I figured out the Itasca was, indeed, a Winniebago.
Agreed. Too many similar models for me. There’s no reason to have competition in the same layout across two brands under the same roof. This isn’t Chevy and GMC.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:56 AM   #9
Site Team

I don’t have a problem losing duplicates, but at this point WBGO is close to being out of the business of building Class A motorhomes. That’s the upshot of all of this. Makes one wonder what’s going on.

Tags
sightseer