Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2018, 10:35 AM   #1
Vietnam Veteran 1967-1970

Sightseer 33C Radio/CD/Amp

The 2019 Sightseer 33C has a 'rectangle' CD/Radio amp installed in the cabinet just left of the 50" TV. Problem is: HEAT build up, No visible "VENTS" for cooling. If the cabinet is left closed, you can really feel the heat when you Open the cabinet door.

I KNOW, LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN !, Don't really appreciate leaving the door of that cabinet open ALL the time the Amp/CD/Radio is being used.

The Radio/Amp Only works for maybe 5 minutes, then stops, No sound on ANY THING. Let it cool down, then it works again for 5 minutes ? I am still under warranty but fear that a NEW one will have 'heat' problems too.

Has ANYONE added any 'VENT' holes, similar to the vent holes above the entrance door where the electronic cabinet is ? (I added an exhaust fan to that cabinet.) Maybe the earlier 2014, 2015 etc Sightseer has the Radio/CD installed in another location?

Any suggestions? Any similar problems with heat involving your Radio/CD player?

Thank you in advance........ Ken
Joshua 24:15
GBFANKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 01:37 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

My 33C is apparently different than yours but first I would try to add 2 vents, One high and one low in that cabinet so you get natural air flow to remove some of the heat build up. Next if needed, I would add a small 12 volt fan, I have a 2 inch fan that is very quiet and you shouldn't need much air flow to do that job. Just need to stay with a low CFM so it's not too loud. I would also call and talk to Winnebago just to see what there thoughts are on your problem. I'm pretty sure your not the only one with it.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #3

Thank you. I suppose maybe the 2016 ? Are the same as yours ? I will talk to my Winnebago dealer in Rockford, IL. and ask him, also I want to ask him about seeing visible light and ground from the passenger side slideout WHEN IT IS IN. It appears there must be some gasket, rubber missing ? Thanks again....
Old 10-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have the same year 33c with that same pos jensen. You need to pull the unit and disconnect it. Jensen must have had a bunch of those units that were defective. Mine was so hot it would burn your hands when I pulled the unit. The cabinet is not well vented but that is not the problem, some of the units are defective and probably dangerous . The ones that aren't defective will still not play dvds, at least the three I have had installed won't.

Sam
uthurricaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:35 AM   #5

Thank you. I have the RV in the shop now for lots of warranty work. I can see 'light' and the 'ground' on the corners of the passenger slide WHEN it is open AND some 'light' when it is closed. It's like some WEATHER stripping (seal) IS MISSING. The driver side, I can see 'light' when the slide is open back by the bedroom corner and IF I look hard enough, I can see 'light' at the front scorner too. The passenger slide 'POPS' out about 1/2" - 3/4" ONLY towards the passenger seat side. YES, I MAKE SURE IT IS LOCKED when traveling.
ALL of this is being fixed in Rockford, IL Winnebago. If NOT, I will go to Forest City by MAY 1st.

Tags
radio, sightseer