Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via AIM to ed rzepka
Sightseer 33C

We did it, we pulled the trigger today. We ordered a new Winnebago Sightseer 33C. After owning towables the last 25 years including 2 5th wheels in the last 13, it is going to be different. I think what I am really going to miss out of all this is the ability to travel without stopping for fuel. With the 5th wheel, the truck had 85 gallons of fuel. Never stopped once. Also, I really liked the truck. But motorhome will afford us opportunities that we didn't have or were more difficult to do with a 5th wheel.

ed
ed rzepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Your new 33C has an 80 gallon gas tank but miles per gallon may be less.

Enjoy your new coach. Consider joining a local WIT club. We received our 2016 33C a few months ago. We are still working out bugs but we love our new coach.

From the Winnebago web page I sent Winnebago an email. I provided the coach serial number that was given to me when I made a request to my sales person for information on our new coach. A Winnebago sales representative responded and provided updates as to the progress on our coach. The updates were not very specific but we did get an estimated ship date that they missed by a few weeks. We also found out when our coach was in final inspection and when it was in transit.

I like the 2016 F-53 Ford chassis and the new six speed transmission. The 33C being your first motor home you are not familiar with the five speed transmission V10 engine combination. My 2006 F-53 chassis would rev up to 5,300 RPM's and would be very noisy. Our new 2016 F-53 chassis tops out at 4,300 RPM's and is much quieter.

We received our first recall two days ago. It is possible to force the transmission into drive from park without pressing on the brakes. The recall replaces the bracket that holds the cable and perhaps the cable itself.

Safe travels. Jd
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
Your new 33C has an 80 gallon gas tank but miles per gallon may be less.

Enjoy your new coach. Consider joining a local WIT club. We received our 2016 33C a few months ago. We are still working out bugs but we love our new coach.

From the Winnebago web page I sent Winnebago an email. I provided the coach serial number that was given to me when I made a request to my sales person for information on our new coach. A Winnebago sales representative responded and provided updates as to the progress on our coach. The updates were not very specific but we did get an estimated ship date that they missed by a few weeks. We also found out when our coach was in final inspection and when it was in transit.

I like the 2016 F-53 Ford chassis and the new six speed transmission. The 33C being your first motor home you are not familiar with the five speed transmission V10 engine combination. My 2006 F-53 chassis would rev up to 5,300 RPM's and would be very noisy. Our new 2016 F-53 chassis tops out at 4,300 RPM's and is much quieter.

We received our first recall two days ago. It is possible to force the transmission into drive from park without pressing on the brakes. The recall replaces the bracket that holds the cable and perhaps the cable itself.

Safe travels. Jd
All the brochures and specs say 80 gallon fuel tank, but the official EPA sticker on the engine (and elsewhere) says its 81 gallons max. If I take my time filling, I can get at least 4-5 gallons of gas into it after the nozzle shuts off automatically. I know that we're not supposed to do that, but I do it anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0648.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	673.2 KB
ID:	112428  
aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 11:29 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
We did it, we pulled the trigger today. We ordered a new Winnebago Sightseer 33C. After owning towables the last 25 years including 2 5th wheels in the last 13, it is going to be different. I think what I am really going to miss out of all this is the ability to travel without stopping for fuel. With the 5th wheel, the truck had 85 gallons of fuel. Never stopped once. Also, I really liked the truck. But motorhome will afford us opportunities that we didn't have or were more difficult to do with a 5th wheel.

ed
Congratulations! You'll really enjoy that 33C. I just finished taking down the Winnebago artwork and replacing it with artwork that is more to our liking. There's always some tweaking to make it a bit more personal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151118_154755.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	112429   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151119_100234.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	112430  

aauummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Regarding the fuel. The beauty of our set up was I never had to stop while traveling from point A to B. I fill up after we unhook and sometime before we hook up to leave again. I usually do it when my wife has to go the grocery store -- killing two bird with on stone. To me, stopping and filling up can be time consuming especially when deadheading and diesel seems to pump slower that gas. I look at it as adding to travel time.

I plan to purchase Safe-T-Plus. The only other modification I am considering so far is the CHP as well as adjusting the tires to the proper PSI setting. Have either of you done the CHP or installed a steering stabilizing system?

Yes I have never owned a motorhome before, but after reading for several years about the 5-speed, I felt that I pretty much knew what to expect. Had the 6-speed not come along I was planning on installing 5-star.

What are you guy getting for mileage towing you toads? We are planning on a new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. We are looking to do some off-roading that we could not due with the dually.

ed
Old 11-20-2015, 08:28 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

ed,
Nice to see you started a thread about getting your new 33C. That's a very nice unit. We have the Vista 30T and do like it.

The first few times you called the CHF (Cheap Handling Fix) a CHP I thought it was a typo but I see it's not. I know it the first mistake you ever made. LOL

As far as the 5-Star. Never count those guys out. They are already planning and making a TUNE for the 2016 with the 6-speed. I'm sure a quick e-mail to Chris at 5-Star and he'll give you some idea what they are planning. We did hear that Ford had to do some changing of the HP ratings for some EPA reasons. 5-Star will be able to get a lot of that reduction in HP back if you think you'll need it.

Yes I know that's along ways down the road because you just ordered your unit. Just do as you did and keep up to date from these forums.

Take care

TeJay
Old 11-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
ed,
Nice to see you started a thread about getting your new 33C. That's a very nice unit. We have the Vista 30T and do like it.

The first few times you called the CHF (Cheap Handling Fix) a CHP I thought it was a typo but I see it's not. I know it the first mistake you ever made. LOL

As far as the 5-Star. Never count those guys out. They are already planning and making a TUNE for the 2016 with the 6-speed. I'm sure a quick e-mail to Chris at 5-Star and he'll give you some idea what they are planning. We did hear that Ford had to do some changing of the HP ratings for some EPA reasons. 5-Star will be able to get a lot of that reduction in HP back if you think you'll need it.

Yes I know that's along ways down the road because you just ordered your unit. Just do as you did and keep up to date from these forums.

Take care

TeJay
Ohps on the CHP. Don't know why I did that. Sure never cared for the TV program (CHPs) in the 70s. Anyway, its interesting what you are staying about 5-star. An increase in power? Would Ford have a issue with warranty work? Chevy told me on several occasions that any engine mods on the Duramax would void the warranty. As I understand it, GMs onboard computer can track anything non GM approved done to the engine. If found, it would be used as the basis for denial of warranty work. Ford must have something like that. If the HP was reduced for EPA reasons (I assume emission reasons) wouldn't that move the engine back to square one and create the same emissions? Or is there some other EPA reason?

thanks
ed

Tags
sightseer