Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-01-2021, 08:37 AM   #1
Itasca Ellpse 42 QD 2015

Side mirror adjustment

I am trying to obtain a service bulletin or operating manual for a Lang Mekra drivers side mirror for an Itasca Ellipse. Does anyone know where I might get one or who to contact to ask about adjusting the mirrors.
Capt mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 09:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

One of the things we often need to give the best answers, is what exact RV you have as year make, model often change the answers. Older RV have lots different parts than newer and large more than smaller?

Attaching that info as part of your signature makes it appear each time you post and really helps to speed up getting the correct info!

But what part of adjusting the mirror is in question? Are you wondering where the attachment screws for adjusting are located or other questions?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:43 AM   #3
Itasca Ellpse 42 QD 2015

Richard,
Glad to know you may be able to help.
My Itasca Ellipse is a 2015 42' 42QD.
Yes I think it must be the adjusting screws since I only need to be able to adjust the mirror in a gross way. I can easily maneuver the small mirrors etc but need to be able to move the arms etc.I hope that this explains my dilemma.
Thank you for your assistance.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:28 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Sorry, this sounds like it may be on a Freightliner chassis? Not much info from me on those and I do have a different setup on mirrors. I did a quick search online for manuals and really did not see one that looked like a good prospect for your group, only much older ( from 1999)
Maybe calling a Freightliner service/parts would be a place to find some good info if nobody shows here in a bit?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 01:41 PM   #5
Itasca Ellpse 42 QD 2015

Thank you Richard yes a Freightliner chassis is it.
I did speak just now to a capable engineer at the mirror companyLang Mekra who was very helpful and sent drawings and parts list etc. He said that due to the tensions involved I should have a professional involved in the adjustment. Cant imagine it is that serious though.
There is enough info on the drawing to make sense of the location of the adjustment screws. Any way thanks for your help.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:06 AM   #6
Itasca Ellpse 42 QD 2015

Side mirror adjustment

I am pleased to announce that the company that makes the Mirrors for the Itasca Ellipse product are Lang Mekra at 803 337 5264. The winnebago part number is 175081-04-01A. The company engineers sent me two versions of the Owners manual covering all you need to know. They followed up with every question I had.
I contacted my local dealer and all I got from them was a blank stare and we cannot help you. The customer tech support at Winnebago were also unable to come up with any answers.
So the moral of this story is that you have to keep on digging until, eventually, you will succeed. It is sad that all that sell the product cannot help.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:00 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to Yoders2Go
I am tucking this info away, just in case. It may be the same for our coach! Thanks!
Yoders2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt mike View Post
I am pleased to announce that the company that makes the Mirrors for the Itasca Ellipse product are Lang Mekra at 803 337 5264. The winnebago part number is 175081-04-01A. The company engineers sent me two versions of the Owners manual covering all you need to know. They followed up with every question I had.
I contacted my local dealer and all I got from them was a blank stare and we cannot help you. The customer tech support at Winnebago were also unable to come up with any answers.
So the moral of this story is that you have to keep on digging until, eventually, you will succeed. It is sad that all that sell the product cannot help.
Capt. Mike .... can you please share the document Mekra sent you? I have the same problem. the passenger side mirror arm moves at highway speeds making the entire mirror useless.

Thank you!
DrmCatcher is offline   Reply With Quote