Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Shopping for a Brave...looking for a great deal

We've decided to go forward and find the best price on one that we can. If you can share any leads with me I'd appreciate it. If you're a dealer please PM me.

We're local to Portland, OR. and would be willing to travel for the right deal...
The Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Try Lichtsinn RV. They are right down the street from the Winnie factory. I didn't know about them when I bought my Journey, but many forum members have bought from them and I've seen nothing but positive reports. Good prices, no delivery miles, and they'll pick you up at a local airport if you want to fly in and drive it home...

Here's a link.

As an added benefit, you can tour the Winnie factory and checkout the factory service center.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsm View Post
Try Lichtsinn RV. They are right down the street from the Winnie factory. I didn't know about them when I bought my Journey, but many forum members have bought from them and I've seen nothing but positive reports. Good prices, no delivery miles, and they'll pick you up at a local airport if you want to fly in and drive it home...

Here's a link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsm View Post
As an added benefit, you can tour the Winnie factory and checkout the factory service center.
Just got off the phone with them a half hour ago. Right now they are the front runners.
Old 11-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Another vote for the Lichtsinn crew.
Old 11-16-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I found two dealers within a 4 hours drive that beat Lichtsinn's price. Roy Robinson in Marysville WA. and Guaranty in Junction City, WA. for the Itasca version Tribute. I'll be ordering a 27B Brave in Bell Bottom Blue w/ Moody Blue interior. Should have it in the February time frame....
Old 11-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Great to have another Brave owner out there! They are hard to find. I see that Winnebago just put up their video on the 31C today, fyi.
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

That 31C is HUGE...!! And having a slide out that big (having heard of all the issues they have) would make me nervous.

The 27B will suit us well I think. I would nice to have one more chair but you can't have everything right?
Old 11-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #8
WDW
Winnebago Watcher

There is a dealer in town called North East PA which is 20 miles from Erie PA. They list two on their website. A small little dealer but very very nice people to talk to and deal with.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

I agree regarding 31C and slides. With just the two of us, we went with the 26A because there are no slides to deal with. And our grandkids get to fight over the bunks. Good luck!
JimGeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Randall View Post
That 31C is HUGE...!! And having a slide out that big (having heard of all the issues they have) would make me nervous.

The 27B will suit us well I think. I would nice to have one more chair but you can't have everything right?

We are looking at 27B and 31C for our first RV. Haven't read anything on slide issues...can you tell us the link or issues?

We drove the 27B this last weekend...loved it! We started to lock on the 27B but then saw the 31C options and floor plan and have been weighting out the differences and benefits.
TNtravelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Here's a thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/schw...ll-224501.html

In my limited amount of knowledge about this I would assume that the larger and more extensive the slide is, the potential for malfunctioning may be greater.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

The 31C came out shortly after we bought our 27B and I wouldn't have wanted the 31C apart form a few features that it has.

I like that the 31C has an option for larger batteries (not the 2 Group 24 that the 27B has) and comes with an inverter already. However keep in mind that the 31C requires 50A service while the 27B is 30A - giving more options for smaller campgrounds. Dito on the size - the 31C won't go places where the 27B is allowed....

We moved up from a Forest River Soleara 24S (which was our first RV) and having the slide out extended to get around the bed isn't what we would have looked for.

However no matter what we like or prefer it is about personal preferences at the end of the day. We're just camping with 2 people and a miniature Schnauzer. So even the StudioLoft Bed is no use for us. We wouldn't need the Sofa and we love the U-Shaped Dinette in the 27B which as it looks can seat 4 if needed.

All other important aspects (Water capacity and LP tank) appear the same size (apart from a larger Gray holdng tank).

To me the 31C appears best suited for 4 people traveling with the occasional visitors (up to 6 people). The 27B is probably better suited for 2 people with the occasional visitors (44 comfortable and 6 will be a stretch).

Just my 2 cents,
Reiner
reinerka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:33 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Randall View Post
Here's a thread:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/schw...ll-224501.html

In my limited amount of knowledge about this I would assume that the larger and more extensive the slide is, the potential for malfunctioning may be greater.
Mine has a 33 ft slide, in it is a two person couch, all kitchen cabinets, sink stove, residential refrigerator, stacked washer and dryer, sink in bedroom and large dresser with 6 drawers.

Never had a problem in 3 years - so where did you get the idea big is bad

rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:46 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Mine has a 33 ft slide, in it is a two person couch, all kitchen cabinets, sink stove, residential refrigerator, stacked washer and dryer, sink in bedroom and large dresser with 6 drawers.

From the linked thread I posted. If the Schwintek mechanism is not bullet proof my personal common sense tells me that it would be safer to have a smaller slide out. Less parts, less weight, lower potential for leaks perhaps etc. I also based my decision to get the 27B over the 31C as it is less expensive and the RV is shorter.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416713851.787737.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	667.8 KB
ID:	79674Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1416713867.635439.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	702.7 KB
ID:	79675 these are prices at the end of this years RV show in Pomona. At the start of the show the prices were about 83k. At the end they were on sale for 70K! I had a quote before the show for 80K.
aeroquality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:43 AM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroquality View Post
Attachment 79674Attachment 79675 these are prices at the end of this years RV show in Pomona. At the start of the show the prices were about 83k. At the end they were on sale for 70K! I had a quote before the show for 80K.
those are 26' no slide models ..correct??
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post

I have to agree with The Randall that there seem to be more problems with the longer more heavily loaded slides than the shorter lighter ones. However Winnebago has used HWH, Power Gear, and Lippert slides over the last few years.

We were looking for a new Adventurer in 2012. Winnebago was using both Power Gear and HWH in the same coach. The larger full wall slide was HWH and the smaller bedroom and dinette slides were Power Gear. For 2015 Winnebago doesn't offer the full wall slide 32H in the Adventurer line. It's been replaced with the Quad slide model 32D. Full wall slides are offered on the 35P and the 37F, but they are using a new heavier design.

Tags
brave